Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and just bought a 2007 Tundra 5.7L Double cab, SR5. I have to go pick up my camper in the next couple of weeks and I need to install an electric trailer brake. In the truck I just traded in 05 Silverado Z-71, I had the trailer brake. It took me literally 15 minutes to install it. My question is do they make an electric trailer brake specifically for my new Tundra? and if so where could I find one? Is it simple to install like in my previous truck. THanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Tekonsha Prodigy controller. Toyota recommended and rightly so since it is one of the best out there. Do a forum search for brake controller. Lots of good info there

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
07 Tundra with the factory installed tow package is pre-wired for a trailer brake. There is a connector under the dash and there should be a pigtail harness to connect to your trailer brake furnished with the truck. It should be explained in your owners manual.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would get either the Prodigy, The Prodigy or the Prodigy...

All right I only have 2 of them.:D

You can get them under the draw-tite brand name as well on e-bay on occasion. Got my last one new for $75.00.

BTW, does anyone know if they are makine a plug in harness to go from the prodigy to the factory Tundra plug?
Part #???

·
Registered
595 Posts

You can get them under the draw-tite brand name as well on e-bay on occasion. Got my last one new for $75.00.

BTW, does anyone know if they are makine a plug in harness to go from the prodigy to the factory Tundra plug?
Part #???
Yes, it is part number 3040.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

Part #???
I'm going to buy one tonight. I'm tired of hearing how great these things are. lol

Is this the harness for Toyota for Prodigy? Model # 3040 http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/product.php?productid=1953

1 - 10 of 10 Posts