Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live near lax, any advise where to get my headers and catback exhaust installed the shop/store doesnt have to be close to me willing to drive inland county, oc, foothills, :D and how much do you think it would cost me? i have a 00 tundra trd ltd 4wd :ts:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,
Your in luck. After two months of research I decided on the following: BORLA cat back exhast from TRD Toyota-Scion Performance Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota-Scion and the Doug Thorley ceramic coated headers from the same site. They are both on sale now. I'm waiting on the delivery of the exhaust. I will order the headers next week. I have searched all over for a good exhaust to compliment my new supercharger. The dealer put the charger on but my local midas shop will install the exhaust for $125.00. the only catch on the exhaust is that it exits the rear. I'm going to have my local shop bend the pipes to the side to exit out behind the two mud flaps.

Money504

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Money504 i already have trd headers and trd catback exhaust just looking for a place that would install them :ts: for the link $125 for installing the exhaust thats not bad

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Having a shop install your headers will be pricey unless you know the person and is willing to give you a break. I've read from a lucky $200 install up to $600+ install. As you may of read, it takes some time installing these headers hence the heavy price. Maybe you can ask some members here or on Socal Tundras to help you out, or try installing them yourself if you have the tools and space.

Good luck.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for the reply Derek24, i have to replace my timing belt also, probably going to have the exhaust system done at that time. dont really know any members here or at socal tundras and if i did would never ask them because of how much time and pita to install, i would rather pay a dealer and let them deal with the trouble and keep my friendship :becky:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
^^Right on! If you or I were closer I'd help you out, it was a PITA the first time, but now I know all the little secrets! Post up when you get them installed and let us know what the butt Dyno reads!!

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Hey Jjjackies' If you want I'll ask my buddy Andy from Easy Run if he's up to help you. I put mine on at his shop, we got the secrets down. I'll see what kind of $ he would be asking. Would probably take about 5-6 hours. Shop is in Riverside.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx tundrunk that would be great, let me know if he can find the time to install them and how much it would cost :becky:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx Cal01 u know installing headers on a tundra is a real pita :D let me know how much. btw did you get grill emblem installed yet, and any luck on shocks, if not i called this guy on monday he was willing to take 200 :confused: but he never called me back said he was going to check what model style and call me back with address. the next day he raised he raised the price to 400 make him an offer heres the link below

fabtech tundra give me a offer

update there sold already

·
Registered
32 Posts
emblem was a easy, lol.

you know i used to do performance installing before right! i know how a pain headers can be. i was looking at the bay and seems like i can do it. i think its just the time that makes it harder. ill pm you my offer.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow sorry, had no idea you did that got your pm :D

·
Tundra Racing Development
1,070 Posts
If you can't do them yourself and don't have any friends that care more about you than their knuckles, you only have one choice.

Warner's Muffler in Oceanside.

The installer is an off-roader and Toyota enthusiast. He is also an inactive member on this site and SoCalTundras.com.

Good luck!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you Lalo, im working it out with someone locally, btw you still have those interior parts for sale if you do let me know im still interested :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, still have them. I'm free all weekend too!
darn cant this weekend my bday going out to celebrate :becky:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts