Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. I ordered a down-pipe O2 sensor for the passenger side based on OBD codes. Went to install and found the studs and nuts completely corroded. Figured a cat back exhaust would make more sense than tapping and replacing the studs. However, it seems that no one makes a cat-back, rather they all connect to the 'Y' pipe, which is actually where the O2 sensor mounts for the passenger side.

Does a cat-back system that actually connects to the cats exist for this model? If not, would you recommend a stock 'Y' pipe or something else? AP makes one, but it seems to require additional pieces to work on a DC. Otherwise, any tips to keep the current 'Y' pipe and replace the O2 sensor?

Manufacturer Info

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
JBA makes a Y-pipe replacement. If you hit up AJUSA, they have them on sale, and offer a discount for any TS members. I believe mine was about $195 shipped. From there, you can do whatever you like, I would keep the stock piping and just swap the muffler if I were you. The one thing JBA does not include is the gaskets for the flanges, for that I went to Toyota and paid way too much for a few asbestos rings. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Banks catback exhaust. I've had mine for over 7 years. Still love it!

ebay is the cheapest place to get it. Free shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, guys!

My real problem at the moment is the Y-pipe. Will check out the JBA offering. The Banks system does not include that portion of the exhaust if I am not mistake.

AJUSA has the Y-pipe for $229, and unfortunately JBA is excluded from BLACK10 discount. Looks like this still needs to be welded to that can on the stock pipe? Would sure be great if a complete exhaust kit existed for this model.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You need to call them to see if they have any left. If you want a quality stainless dual exhaust with mandrel bends, Bassani is an excellent choice and will outlast your truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts