Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what are people really paying for the 07. My local dealership has a sequoia for 47,500 but i am not planning on spending a dime over 45. This one has every option except navigation. how do i find out the invoice on the truck?

and i was wondering how much would a sequoia w/ navigation run for?

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can use KBB for an invoice price but it won't include the advertising fee. I also have been looking at the 07 Sequoias but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go to edmunds.com to determine the invoice cost. Then go to carsdirect.com to see what they're sellling it for. You can buy from them or use that price as a bargaining stick with the dealer.

I think there's a factory-to-customer rebate of $2000, check edmunds.com this varies by region, so the dealer's offer of $6500 off already includes your rebate.

Another good idea is to call the fleet managers at several dealers in your area and tell them you're a Costco member, have financing and are ready to buy if they have the truck you're looking for. The fleet guys are straight forward and will give you a price over the phone. They should be at invoice or a few hundred over before the rebate.

Let us know how you do.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
My opinion on getting a "2007" Sequoia is to WAIT till this fall if you can. Because Toyota will have the remodeled "2008" Sequoia's out by then with the 6 speed trans. and bigger engine. Look at all the GREAT deales they ran on all the "2006" Tundra's just before the all new Tundra came out.

My other opinion is to NOT GET a factory OEM Navagation Unit because they are VERY over priced and they give you NOTHING as far as bells and whistles compared to the Pioneer factory replacement Nav. Unit. Besides the Pioneer nav. unit being alot cheeper and a MUCH better system it also has a built in hard drive and endless add ons like your choice between XM or Sirus. Not to mention blue tooth, rear back up camara, iPod hook up (not really needed with built in hard drive). The list can go on and on but to make a long story short the factory Nav. Unit does not even compare to Pioneers in so MANY ways. Just my opinion, Johnnnnnnny :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
i was wondering what are people really paying for the 07. My local dealership has a sequoia for 47,500 but i am not planning on spending a dime over 45. This one has every option except navigation. how do i find out the invoice on the truck?

and i was wondering how much would a sequoia w/ navigation run for?
I bought an 06 Seqouia Ltd with everything for $48,000 including nav. The dealer msrp was over $52,000. I say you could probably get them down a little more IMO.:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just got our '07 SR5 the end of March. There was a $1500 cash to buyer, and a $400 cash to dealer at the time. Got them at $400 below invoice, and jacked the trade-in up an additional $500. (Did well here too) :tu:

The dealership was working to set a new sales record, so they were pretty motivated.

I know in Denver area, Costco fleet price is $300 over invoice and no dealer prep fee (which there should never be :td: ).

Good luck.

Z

·
Registered
40 Posts
My opinion on getting a "2007" Sequoia is to WAIT till this fall if you can. Because Toyota will have the remodeled "2008" Sequoia's out by then with the 6 speed trans. and bigger engine. Look at all the GREAT deales they ran on all the "2006" Tundra's just before the all new Tundra came out.

I got my 07 back in november for $500 below invoice PLUS they gave me the 0% financing for 36 months... i could have taken the $1500 rebate on top of that price in lieu of the financing...

I agree with the nav... I have a optioned out 07 and am pissed i wasted my money on the nav and RSE... very foolish as it is annoying to use with all the locks and bad ergonomice of the rse...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my '07 Limited in Houston on March 31st, with Nav and the Rear Seat "headrests" entertainment, plus side signal and rear parking, spoiler, etc....for $44,000 out the door. if you subtract out the TTL, I basically got it for $41,000

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a Sequoia 07 for 47 K Limted 4WD with all the options, nav and dvd. I was going to buy one from a local dealer for 50 k, but she wanted 50,700. she won't budge. I went on cardsdirect.com got a free quote and the guy called around and found me one, 350 miles away from where I live with exactly same specs. It was for 47 K out the door. Didn't mind the drive. I save over 5K. I can give you his name and no matter where you live carsdirect will find you one locally or maybe few hundred miles. This is the good thing about internet negotiation, no haggling or pressure at all. Research on the net, about the scams the dealer will try to sell you. Like the rebate they make you think they are giving it to you but in fact it comes from the manufacturer. They will try to sell you undercoating, leather protection and extended warranty. Go to walmart and get $4.50 leather protection that will save you money. Again the best tool is search the internet and it will tell you how to negotiate. Always negotiate with the invoice not the MSRP. DVD and NAV these are piece of Sh.. You're better off getting it aftermarket, very cheap and it's got all the bells and wistles. I suggest getting the Limited 4wd, without the nav and dvd, again aftermarket will save you money. Goodluck...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my '07 Limited in Houston on March 31st, with Nav and the Rear Seat "headrests" entertainment, plus side signal and rear parking, spoiler, etc....for $44,000 out the door. if you subtract out the TTL, I basically got it for $41,000
That's awesome - that's like $4k under invoice. The dealer probably lost $2.5k on that deal.

Did you forget to mention the $4k trade in or something?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 07 in October of 06, the list was $41K and I got it it for $38K. I think I could have done better had a waited. I was told by the dealer that the Sequoia'a were not moving and they wanted to deal them. I had a trade in that was close to 100K miles and needed some work so I unloaded it.

One thing I have to say is go look at the Tahoe they are getting great reviews, what I traded in was a 2001 Tahoe and I would take it back in a second. The ride of the Tahoe was 100% better then the Sequoia and the packages/options were better. Although I bought the Sequoia and test drove it I can not beleive that Toyota doesn't have a leather wrap steering wheel as standard equipment on a vechicle that over $40K. I'm glad I leased it because they will be getting it back. I know I'm going to get the response that Toyota is built better, but I would take the Tahoe and pay the parts along the way to not have my insides rattled around.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I bought my 07 in October of 06, the list was $41K and I got it it for $38K. I think I could have done better had a waited. I was told by the dealer that the Sequoia'a were not moving and they wanted to deal them. I had a trade in that was close to 100K miles and needed some work so I unloaded it.

One thing I have to say is go look at the Tahoe they are getting great reviews, what I traded in was a 2001 Tahoe and I would take it back in a second. The ride of the Tahoe was 100% better then the Sequoia and the packages/options were better. Although I bought the Sequoia and test drove it I can not beleive that Toyota doesn't have a leather wrap steering wheel as standard equipment on a vechicle that over $40K. I'm glad I leased it because they will be getting it back. I know I'm going to get the response that Toyota is built better, but I would take the Tahoe and pay the parts along the way to not have my insides rattled around.
I don't trust anything Chevy makes and I own one. I have been in Tahoe's before and they are a little smoother if you have a brand new one that is. But the Sequoia is smooth enough for me, after all it is a truck. Maybe your running to much air pressure in all your tires??? Either way, IF your a leaser then it don't matter what you get in my opinion because I think ANYTHING new should last 3 to 4 years without any major problems. Even a Chevy :devil: Johnnnnny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts