Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 DC SR5, I just hit 30K last weekend. Still have the orignal tires on it (Dueler A/T P265/65R17), but they are getting pretty worn.

Can anyone recommend a good All Terrain Tire that isn't going to break the bank?

Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
10 people will give you 15 different answers, however I am on my second set of Firestone Destination A/T tires, without any problems. It is good on the highway in rain and snow and will give you 50K+ miles. You may get better tires but not for the price of these.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the process of making the same decision. haha. I'm torn between the Firestone Destination A/T's and the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I like the tread patter of the Nittos more but heard some people get as little as 20,000 miles out of the tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was ready to purchase the Destination AT's but my local dealer is out of them until maybe the last week of March, first week of April.
I haven't looked into the Toyo's but will.

Does anyone have any input on the the BF Goodrich tires Costco offers?
Specifically these models
BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A® Tour
BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A®
BFGoodrich - Rugged Trail T/A®

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm finishing up a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers at ~43,000 miles so far on them....much more than the 20,000+ that Jeff (above post) reported hearing. I like the aggressive tread pattern look and the ride, although not as posh as the OEMs, is fine. I will likely be getting the same tire soon. They run about $180-200 per tire (for my 285/60-18), not including balancing/tax of course.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was ready to purchase the Destination AT's but my local dealer is out of them until maybe the last week of March, first week of April.
I haven't looked into the Toyo's but will.

BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A® Tour
BFGoodrich - Long Trail T/A®
Every single one of those are absolute junk OEM tires. Dont buy any of them.

Wait for the firestones or find another tire or dealer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My truck had 30k Miles when i bough it from the dealer and the tires that were on it were the rugged trail and were done for it so... i made the dealer put new tires on the truck and they put brand new rugged trails on it, well my truck has 50k Miles now and the tires are done again... i purchased my truck in Nov 2008 at Dec 2008 i replaced the tires with winter tires and put them back in march 2009 so from march until Nov 2009 i put somewhere around 15k Miles, will not buy those tires again.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the same truck as you 06 dc tundra and I am running the nitto terra grapplers regardless of who ever says these tires are junk or get crappy miles I will beg the differ I have a lot of buddies with the same tires and are getting 45k or even better they are a great aggresive looking tire do awsome in the sand snow and rain. If you are wanting a great deal goto Discount Tire, Custom Wheels, Truck & Car Rims | Discount Tire they will ship them straight to your house may save you a couple bucks in the end instead of buyin them through a dealer.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I will be the oddball, and say what I have, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S. You can get 265/70 for about 150 each at big o tires.
I got mine used, with about 5k miles on them, I added about 25k so far and no troubles at all. Good traction, soft enough sidewall to not ride crappy but stiff enough not to bounce around. Mine are 285/75 but I have seen the size you want, it's a good deal.

There is a shot of the tread and my coilovers just after I installed them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
my vote is for BFG A/T KOs

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,533 Posts
1. Nitto Terra Grapplers (just had Discount Tire install a set for $146/tire, lifetime free rotations & balancing)
2. Firestone Destination A/T
3. Michelin LTX A/T2

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you shop at costco keep in mind they mount and balance for $14 a tire compared to $20-$30 at other places. You may find the tire cheaper somewhere else like online like I did but...With the tires installed it ended up being more than just buying at costco.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts