Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website (or local shop in Miami) to get a Bakflip HD?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have a look at the reviews for the Bakflip - Extang Solid Fold is a way better cover. Local dealers will often price match internet prices now, does not hurt to ask when you are in the store and ready to buy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website (or local shop in Miami) to get a Bakflip HD?

Thanks!
I am in Hawaii and I ordered my bakflip from Realtruck. They had great service and a great price. Just FYI, I am looking at new covers and I would not buy the Bakflip again.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I am in Hawaii and I ordered my bakflip from Realtruck. They had great service and a great price. Just FYI, I am looking at new covers and I would not buy the Bakflip again.
Can you elaborate as to why you would not buy it again?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you elaborate as to why you would not buy it again?
Sorry, my comment can easily be interpreted as "I don't like my Bakflip." There are positives as well as negatives with this cover.

Positives:
1. Very easy to install.
2. Opening mechanism is hidden and allows the cover to be locked when you lock your tailgate.
3. The cover is very low profile.

Negatives:
1. Opening the cover to the third (last) slat covers
the back window.
2. I can't fold the cover up against or down from the window by myself standing outside my truck because of the weight. We need someone on both sides of the bed or one person in the bed to do this. This is probably because I'm old and weak:).
3. The rubber seal on both sides of the frame was torn after 3 or 4 months of normal use.
4. I learned that for what I use my bed for, opening and closing the slats are bothersome. This problem is probably magnified because of the deep bed.
5. Sliding my cover open or closed seems a lot more user friendly to me.
6. I got the bakflip because I did not want to give up the bed space for the canister. I've since found that because of the depth and width of the bed the lost space will not be much of a problem.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do yourself a favour and get a Extang Sold Fold or Undercover - depending on your needs. I liked the idea of the Bakflip and it looked really good to me until I read all the negative reviews - that is why this forum is very valueable !

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too would not purchase a BakFlip again. The one I had had the rubber seal problem also. May be a problem in warmer climates only. I am in Texas. I went with undercover this time as it is easy to take on/off for the few times I need to do so.
Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts