Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Looking for govenor help

974 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dishpro1125 
#1 ·
i have a 1998 toyota 4runner 5vefe and i do alot of stuff on the high way. and my 4runner tops out at 99 mph while only doing 3 thousand rpm in fifth. i was wondering if there is a easy way to bypass the govenor and also if there is a easy and safe( not expencive ) way to upgrade the performance of my 4runner. i dont want to supercharge it because i dont have the time or money. and i dont want a cold air intake because the intakes already good. i was looking for a good but cheap race chip for it but i dont know what to choose. any help would greatly be appricianted

#2 ·
so anyone want to help me? cause im confused and im not sure its the govenot i think its teh overdrive kicking in cause the rpm almost redlines then drops to 3000 but i cant go any faster i think the track isnt round so its allitle hard ill try on the highway next time i can saftly. but any help would be greatly appricianted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.