Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is anyone parting out a 2003-2004 Sequoia or anyone changing out their tail lights for aftermarket, I am looking for a passenger side tail light assembly. I need the one on the fender not the tailgate. Mine is broke and I would like to replace it.

Also, if anyone has the two Sequoia horns they are parting with, I am interested in those as well. They look to be a straight plug and play for my 92 Land Cruiser and have a much better sound than the "meep meep" it has now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, I've not ever seen any aftermarket tail lights for a Sequoia yet (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong). In that case, you're cheapest bet might be to check out Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and you'll be able to do a search in your area of the closest wrecking yard with the parts (tail lights or horns) you need. If you want an aftermarket horn, some people have had good luck with Stebil horns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very disappointed in the wrecking yard prices. Many of the non damaged ones were close to the price of a new one at the dealer. Add in shipping and their used ones cost more. Not like the days when you could go to a junk yard pull what you want for yourself and negotiate a great deal on smaller parts. I wasn't aware that there weren't any after-market options for the Sequoia yet (LED or Euro) where someone would be willing to sell an old OEM unit they swapped out. There are OE replacements, but I'm always leery of fitment issues, thus the reason I'm looking for someone parting out. If I find one being parted out, I'll grab the horns, too. No rush there. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hey mikgrail3, you can still haggle pricing once you get to the yard...or at least I've been able to recently. I agree the prices aren't great, but still better than new. Bye-the-way, you can buy LED light bulbs if that is something you want to do in the future (I think some guys have had good luck with V-Led's?). Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts