Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Tundra DC w/DRL. Looking for anytime fog light modification so fog lights stay on even if highs are on or parking lights are on.

Have researched but unable to find the mod to fit this specific truck.
thanks,
FM

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I don't know how to do what you want to do, but I do know
that the laws vary state to state on the use of fog lights. I
heard of someone getting pulled over here in Massachusetts for
having their foglights on when the officer didn't deem them
necessary. I'm sure it's probably something that gets overlooked
most of the time, but you may run the chance of it being enforced.

Myself, I see them as being a nuisance most of the time. You get
people around here driving at night with their headlights and
foglights on at the same time in perfect weather and it seems to
bother me. Maybe I have sensitive eyesight at night. My wife
uses them more than I ever do, in bad weather. I find myself
having to remind her to turn them off when she doesnt' need them.
I figure if they distract me, they probably distract other people.

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
i can see if there lifted but there no different then a regular headlight otherwise....

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I understand. Just thought I'd throw out the possibility of a
problem. I think when it really affects me is more so when the
road is wet and there aren't any streetlights in the area. To
my eyes it's just as bad as someone with their highbeams on.
Again, maybe my eyes are just sensitive at night. Now
that I'm bored I might look up to see if there are any laws in
regards to the use of foglights.

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
well i can see when it is a really dark area i too get bothered by almost any headlight when its real dark and when people have there lights aimed high or brights on is when it bugs me HID vs regular vs. colored dont bother me but when its aimed high it angers me greatly (aka someone lifts there truck and doesnt re aim the lights, specifically a silverado who did that in my neighborhood with HIDs its ok his truck will die soon enough :p)

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
The people who will benefit most from the Silverado with the
lift are the mechanics. It will be so much easier for them to
get under there to do all the repairs they'll need to do LOL!

·
05' Tundra (Tun-Tun)
520 Posts
funny story i was at my moms bf house out of town a little when there was like a 2004 silverado that pulled up to the stop sign and KA-PUT it died and then they tried starting it again and again with no luck a half hour later i went outside to leave and left laughing :p

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Sorry dude, I have the link for the mod with no DRL. All I know is, it's a nice feature to be able to use. When I pull into my neighborhood, I have my PL and fogs on so I don't blind houses late at night.

I don't use my Hi's since I have HID's, but I drive with both on all the time. It really let's you see more when driving. I can see my lane and the lane to the left and or right of me as well.

I only get flashed by lowered ricers. So I could care less. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2005 Tundra DC w/DRL. Looking for anytime fog light modification so fog lights stay on even if highs are on or parking lights are on.

Have researched but unable to find the mod to fit this specific truck.
thanks,
FM
I see mods for many of the other Tundras with and without DRL... Can anyone point me in the right direction for a MOD for the 2005 Tundra DC with DRL anytime fog/driving lights. I want to be able to have them on with highlights, or parking lights. Thanks again.

·
Registered
609 Posts
On my 2003 I ran a wire from the driver's side fog light's hot wire to a switch I installed in my dash. Then I can run a wire from the switch to a fuse. Now I can turn my fog lights on anytime. On the 2003 they are in sequence, so if you "hotwire" the driver's side the passenger side also goes on. Also use an inline fuse that is no bigger than the fuse you are connecting to.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the mod 'with the cheap relays' is this mod so that the fog lights can be used anytime? thanks fm.

·
Registered
567 Posts
on the mod 'with the cheap relays' is this mod so that the fog lights can be used anytime? thanks fm.
the relay switch will only control the low beam lights so you can run just fog lights or just normal lights or drls

Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts