Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some reading here and looking for an answer on how to fix my loose antenna. I have a 2000 Tundra Black, 4.7, 4x4, TRD, Limited. The thing always seems to be loose, i cant tighten it:mad: i just want to know if anyone has found a suitable fix for this problem. I realize that it is a broken plastic piece... someone said they have used lock tight. if anyone knows anything i can do that would be great. thanks:D

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Are you talking about the mast sort of "unthreading" itself and being loose every time you walk by it, or the whole assembly being loose (as in not tightly attached to the fender)? If it's just not being able to tighten the threaded portions of the mast, I fixed mine with some of that black permatex gasket stuff. I just globbed it onto the threads and tightened it. It has held for a couple of years now.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Ditto for simple mast un-threading: BLUE Permatex Threadlocker.

If the entire assembly is loose, use 'advanced search' in Gen 1. There are older threads around here on the subject, you just have to be patient with the search engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the spring that holds the mast intact for my antenna just snapped off.. I went to the hard ware store, bought a brand new spring and cut it to the appropriate size and just fit it back on, wala!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts