Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piston slap, rattleing tailgate, hard to see instrument panel, doors sound "tinny", etc, etc, etc. I, for one, am SO GLAD I bought my 2006 Tundra. I debated on waiting for the 2007 model (you know the newer & better) one. It is starting to appear that the new Tundra is going to have some issues that ALL new model vehicles seem to have. R & D is what it is, but it sure seems to take real life owners and real life use to iron out the bugs. If you want to feel real good about your First Generation Tundra go over there and spend a little time. You'll leave with a smile on your face & be so glad you are driving what you are!

·
Registered
639 Posts
theres complaining and whining and pointless threads on both (not saying this one) that were answered probably 50 times, and each time it goes to page 2 someone will ask the same quest.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've always made it a point to not buy first-model-year cars and trucks. However, if I was going to do it, I'd definetly feel more confident doing so with a Toyota or Honda.

Isn't piston slap a problem also commonly associated with the 1st gen V8 Tundras? I think I remember reading about that on Edmunds or CG.

·
Registered
374 Posts
new model + new plant whre they are built(in the us at that) = issues that will take TIME to fix.

350Z was samw way..........and 2000 tundra.........and 02 camry.........and ridgeline.

·
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
1,267 Posts
new model + new plant whre they are built(in the us at that) = issues that will take TIME to fix.

350Z was samw way..........and 2000 tundra.........and 02 camry.........and ridgeline.
So TRUE. The 2006 Ridgeline did have some issues, as does my 2nd model year 2007. I had to have my rear bumper removed and repainted due to it being improperly mounted at the factory and causing paint to PEEL off. I also had a few rattles, but have identified them and fixed them. My passenger seat cover also has a weird kernel on it, and what they say is a hole. All of this is being done under warranty thankfully.

·
Registered
39 Posts
man..that sucks alot for the 07s. well...i hope the engine is as just as reliable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts