Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so the wife calls me at work, she is driving around, she stops to do something, she leaves it running with her sister inside and then it starts to beep.

This is while parked, running, with key and nothing really going on. just a very loud beep, beep , beep.... she said there were no indicators or lights of any kind flashing and everything looked normal.

this went on for at least a full minute then just stopped...

I did a few searchs and could not find anything related. Other then the beep you get if the stability control or shift mode is on... but this was considerably louder as i could here is over the phone.

Any ideas? or even remote thoughts... I think my truck just did this because it is Christmas, nothing is open for me to take it in for and it is going to bug me for a week until i figure out what it was....

·
Registered
661 Posts
ask them if they locked and then unlocked a door. my bet is
that it started when she walked back to the vehicle and her
sister unlocked the door. same thing happened to me with
an old cressida i had. the evil one left her mother in the car
and when she came back, the evil one's mother unlocked the
door. then my phone rang just like your's did. the other key
to it is you said one minute. that is typical "time out" time. yspert

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Do you have sonar in the bumpers? I do, and had this very problem when they iced over and set the sensors off. Took me a few minutes of scratching my head before I figured it out.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Don't know if this is your problem but the other day I threw a case of shotgun shells on the front passenger seat. Guess what, I here this beeping going off, there is no lites on the dash. By this time I am thinking the electrical gremlin has got me. It was the weight of the shells on the front seat with out the seat belt hooked up. The lite for that is by the radio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know if this is your problem but the other day I threw a case of shotgun shells on the front passenger seat. Guess what, I here this beeping going off, there is no lites on the dash. By this time I am thinking the electrical gremlin has got me. It was the weight of the shells on the front seat with out the seat belt hooked up. The lite for that is by the radio.
Same thing happened to me with a small bag of laundry in the front passenger seat. With the additional weight and no seat belt attached it caused the passenger air bag alarm to sound.

mp

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's amazing this post just went up! ... I had the same thing just happen to me.. it was the seat belt alarm.. I unhooked my and rechooked it.. still.. beep..beep.. beep... couldn't figure out why it was doing it.. oh.. then I look over at the passenger seat.. two Pizza boxes I just put on the seat and was heading home.. sure it stopped the beeping but after a good minute.. wow.. very sensitive sensor..

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Mine was doing it but only in left hand turns. No indicator lights and it only happened on left turns. Sometimes I could just jerk the wheel to the left on a straight stretch and make it go off. Then one day it stopped doing it. I noticed mine after a jug of pace picante sauce slammed into the door on a left turn. Also that is with or with out a passenger. It hasn't sounded for a while now so maybe it fixed itself but it is annoying to get the beep but no light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interesting. Mine started doing this today and I did have my work laptop as well as what I normally put in the front seat there. I'll have to see if I can duplicate this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts