Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the setpoint for the "Low Fuel" condition can be modified?

The "miles-to-empty = 0" and the LF lamp come on very conservatively. Usually the gauge shows 1/8 of a tank.

If I refuel when the lamp comes on, I can only add 19-20 gallons.

Which means there is the better part of six gallons left in the tank.

Anyone?

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
You would have to screw with the sensor thats in the tank itself, i have noticed that too i have run about 65 miles past that 0 miles never run out of gas. I think its a dummy proof system. For people who dont fill the tank when the light is on after they drive it or just forget. It would make it so people still have time to get gas before hiking to get gas in a gas can.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
we've run into that ever since they came out in 07 over with the tundras. its really weird it does that but nothing we can do about it. just dont give it too much thought and u can keep driving after the light comes on and it reads 0. ive gone 60 miles on mine...and as we all have decided over there, we have just right about 6 gallons of a reserve after it tells us we dnt have any.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just looked in the manual and the gas tank is suppose to be 26.5 gallons. The light comes on with 6 gallons left in the tank. My MTE goes to zero miles left with about 5-5.5 gallons left in the tank. Very frustrating. I wish Toyota made the reading truer allowing for a 1 gallon safety reserve or none at all. To me if something says you have 10 miles left to an empty tank, you've been appropriately warned. I'm sure the learning curve would be fairly quick too. Run out of gas once and I'm sure you wouldn't wait till it got to zero again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yea, I hit the tripometer and go another 50 once the distance hits zero. There must be 75 plus miles left from when the annoying message comes on.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i drove mine to the lake and back with 0 miles to empty...pulling the boat....then put 23 gallons in it the next day. too bad same wasnt true for the boat since i ran out on the lake and had to be towed to the marina by the PD boat hahahaha oops. guess i shouldnt push it that much huh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts