Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time I waited until the Low Gas Light came on before filliing up. It took 17.6 gallons. Truck has a 21 gallon tank. Any comments?

·
Registered
263 Posts
For the first time I waited until the Low Gas Light came on before filliing up. It took 17.6 gallons. Truck has a 21 gallon tank. Any comments?
That sounds accurate. My first tank fill-up took 17.6 gal too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine was 18.2 gallons I think! How many miles had you driven? JB

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was 18.2 gallons I think! How many miles had you driven? JB

Around town in Virginia Beach ... about 365 ... about 20 mpg .... on the highway @ 60 mph I was getting 29.7 .... still some miles to break in ... currently has about 1,700 miles on it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Around town in Virginia Beach ... about 365 ... about 20 mpg .... on the highway @ 60 mph I was getting 29.7 .... still some miles to break in ... currently has about 1,700 miles on it
:eek: --4cyl right?????? That is great so far! JB

·
Registered
290 Posts
^Most have said when you get to approx 3.5 gallons left is when you see the light. Yes, some have tested the tank capacity because they didn't believe the light(or anybody else) and intentionally ran there trucks out of gas to prove that indeed the tank hold 21 gallons.
Fill 'er up

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"intentionally ran there trucks out of gas to prove that indeed the tank hold 21 gallons"

Now that's funny! I'll believe the gauge and heed the warning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts