Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have Toyota Tundra 2012 5.7 engine but we have problem in oil level (low pressure oil counter) we check the problem by OBD SYS we found P0014 and P0024 how we can solve this problem

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What do you mean you have a low pressure oil counter? Do you mean the needle reads low on the gauge, low oil on the dipstick?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean you have a low pressure oil counter? Do you mean the needle reads low on the gauge, low oil on the dipstick?
When the engine is running, the oil pressure indicator rises naturally, and then the pressure drops too close to zero, and then the engine check mark appears.p0014/p0024

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I wont say I can help in any way but just doing a google search on both those codes is the best thing you can do to start trying to diagnose whats causing the problems. Checking your electrical system for damaged wires, check the actual oil level and confirm its not low, look for obvious signs of damage etc. I did a search on this site and no one else has mentioned these fault codes but lots of info on the web. Hopefully someone else will also see this on the site and chime in with some info. And the more details you can provide the better for others to try and help you. Like problems leading up to this, work you did on the truck, things you have done to try and fix it already.

Reactions: Anas

·
Registered
44 Posts
A problem with your oil pump seems unlikely but possible.

Somewhere there is a sensor sending that pressure signal. I would stop driving it and start looking at that or find a competent mechanic. You don’t sound equipped to deal with this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
I have Toyota Tundra 2012 5.7 engine but we have problem in oil level (low pressure oil counter) we check the problem by OBD SYS we found P0014 and P0024 how we can solve this problem
First you must determine if the problem is mechanical or a electronic engine management malfunction. I would check my oil to determine it was the OEM recommended viscosity etc. If I did not know what it was, I would change the oil and the filter myself first thing ensuring the oil and filter both met OEM recommended operating specs for your operating environment.
Then I would connect a direct read analog oil pressure gauge to the oil galley on the engine block and see what it says. If you start your engine and the direct reading oil gauge tells you that oil pressure is good at measured ascending points of RPM from idle (repeat test several times at normal operating temperature at the same RPM before declaring the oil pressure good) then you know the problem is on the management/sensor side and the error codes that are generated are bogus. I would test or simply replace the sensor/sender unit as it is usually the culprit on the electronic engine management side of things and not much of a hassle nor too expensive for a shot in the dark.
Some times the problem with all dashboard gauge indications is a faulty constant voltage regulator (CVR; separate regulator from electrical system VR). This problem more often than not first reveals itself with gas tank level indications that are way off.
If the mechanical oil gauge tells you the sensor readings are correct, then you must find the mechanical fault. In the simplest terms, it will be either the oil pump itself, the oil pressure regulation, filtration, delivery circuit, or worst case, a direct feed point that has opened up beyond the ability of a pump with a wide open regulator to maintain sufficient pressure for lubrication system demand. Very bad news, but not the usual culprit.
Good luck with your troubleshooting exercise and may the bug be a little, cheap easy-fix one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have the same problem, exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts