Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2007 V6 Tundra regular cab short bed truck.

I am a horseback rider and I need a tool box in back to store items that will not fit behind the seats or that need to be out of view for security. I am 5' 4", so I need a low profile toolbox so I can keep as much visibility as possible out of the back window. The truck has a black Line-X bedliner, so I would like a tool box that is black and would work well with that brand of bedliner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just purchased a 2007 V6 Tundra regular cab short bed truck.

I am a horseback rider and I need a tool box in back to store items that will not fit behind the seats or that need to be out of view for security. I am 5' 4", so I need a low profile toolbox so I can keep as much visibility as possible out of the back window. The truck has a black Line-X bedliner, so I would like a tool box that is black and would work well with that brand of bedliner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I bought a Cobalt one from Lowes and it sits almost flush in the bed of my 2000. I know it will sit flush with the newer trucks since your bed is a little deeper than mine. It does not go over the bed rails. I have been hapy with it because it does not block any view. It does go all the way to the bottom of the bed. I didn't bolt it down, I just made up a cable to secure it by the tie downs on either side with locks. It locks in pretty good if you make the cable the right length. I also put a ratchet strap on it just to make sure it doesn't move around any. The cable and strap actually lock in where the tool box has a slight indent that runs from one end to the other.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I searched high and low for a decent black low profile across the rails box and couldn't find an affordable one.. If you can get by with a very shallow one, Home Depot carries one in gloss black. Low profile but only 10" deep. I settled for a low profile, silver box from Lowes (Kobalt) and am very glad I didn't get the regular height box.. I wish mine was a few inches deeper, but it doesn't block any of my view out the back window..

Good Luck..

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
It dont matter if you get a low profile or a full size box. The rear headrest cover most ur vision anyways.
That headrest is removable....:shockeda:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone tried the Delta Pro tool box? I found one in black that sits down inside the bed of the truck so you don't have visibility issues. They are reviewed well and seem to be sturdy, secure, and well made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts