Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reviewing several level kits, I think I have decided to go with LRO. However, I am concerned when the company states that with 200lbs in the bed, the bed is completely level. I have a Sungtop cap on my truck which I'm sure weighs more than 200lbs. This means without putting anything in the bed the rear would be sagging. I often have a good bit of gear in the bed and don't want to have a sagging rear.

I'd love to hear others thoughts, experiences, or alternatives.

Thank you!

Stephen

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I ran that kit for a year and a half. Thru two winters I had 360lbs of sand in the bed and the truck still had a slight forward rake to it. Id highly recommend the kit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mhollack,

Did you ever have more than the sand bags in the bed? What are your thoughts if there was 800-1,000 lbs in the bed?

·
Registered
422 Posts
pic of my truck with LRO towing a 1,200 lb trailer and 4K lb jeep... the truck did not really sag at all. looks level.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Guys, what you're forgetting here is that not all trucks are equal... and you'll see a difference between trucks, and especially miles.

My truck with a set of Jeep doors in the rear, and about 25 other lbs of random junk makes it sit "nose high" without a block. My truck has 50K miles on it, so the rear shocks have a lot more play in 'em.

A one inch block should be good for more than 200 lbs though.

That is like 1/4 of a cord of wood I believe. Probably somewhere in that range of 800-1000 lbs.

I believe I had about 1.5-2" of sag

-rockstate

·
Registered
374 Posts
Guys, what you're forgetting here is that not all trucks are equal
This is very true. I have a 3 inch lift kit and my truck still sits nose high with 1 inch blocks in the back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the responses. So, what are the options to avoid a "nose high" situation with a 3/1 LRO kit?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Airbags or an add a leaf, or a heavier duty leaf pack. Alcan makes some and you can also get a set of the Old Man Emu leafs (I believe they use Dakar or something)

-rockstate

·
Registered
97 Posts
Or you could always use a 2inch,or whatever is needed lift block. Axle wrap could be an issue if more than 2 is used. If you cant source them online check out metal surplus places they can cut you whatever you need high grade billet aluminum is what your after. Good luck

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
i'im not sure, but I knkow that particular hoscks such as the 5100s and OMEs are rated for like 1-3" (I think) of lift.

-rockstate

·
Registered
422 Posts
I dont think you need to worry about it - put the LRO kit on and give your applicantion a try first before going to additional measures.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I'm with miked on this one. Just get the kit on there and see how it does.

·
Registered
43 Posts
get airbags in the rear....adjust the height to whatever you want

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
That's what I'm gonna do. I'll just order the front lift since I already have Firestone Air Bags in the rear. For a 4x2 it is $80 less than the complete kit and LRO is taking only phone orders for this since it is not a regular kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts