Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im at college right now, but i was home two weeks ago and i will be going home for easter weekend and being about 2 hours and 30 min from home i decided to leave my truck home to keep the miles off it. so i took my moms car, well my dad took the tundra in this AM to get the ball joints done. Well in short they didn't do an alignment afterwards. I told him they should have, and so he asked them and they said no they didn't have to as nothing was affected....if im right they were suppose to correct? want to know before we really start bitching..

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Alignment is supposed to be performed "as necessary" which means they're supposed to CHECK it and that means they have to check each wheel and they would just do it then.

There is a copy of the letter that got sent out to all the dealers in pdf from another thread somewhere. I have it if you want me to email it to you.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont need it, talked to one of the managers and he explained it. he said they check the toe before and after and if its the same then they dont worry.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
he should pony up a before and after sheet stating what the adjustments were!! I asked for one and got one and they did make adjustments because they were at or near of being outta specs!! Hard to imagine both lower ball joints being replaced and it not needing an alignment!! just read TSB and it states Adjust and alignment due if adjustments required!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I find it strange that this ball joint issue seems to vary so much from dealer to dealer.

Some state that they need to recall letter / some don't. Some say alignment afterwards others don't.

My dealer did mine w/o the letter and told me that an alignment is included in the work. They provided me the before and after specs as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts