Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw in this weekend's ads that dealers are lowering rates to 2.9% for 5 years. Has anybody that recently bought a tundra tried to get this lower rate? Were you successful? I called Toyota finance and they said I needed to talk to my dealer. I haven't made a payment on my truck yet so I was hoping to refinance.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Good luck. I just called my salesman and he said that i could plead my case with the finace dept. but he doubts they will change my rate from 5.9 to 2.9 becuase the sale has already been recorded. i guess it is worth a try but I am not holding my breath. I do think it is kinda cheesy for Toyota not to give a small grace period for this type of thing. I bought my tundra about 11 days before the rates were lowered...thanks Toyota!

update:

just called my dealer where I bought the tundra and the girl in finance told me I was ****te out of luck. She also claims the the sales people do not know when the rates are going to change until the date of the actual change. Do you think this is true? I don't even want to do the math to figure out the difference in total finance charges between 5.9% and 2.9% for a $35,400 loan. I am guessing about $1000.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts