Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my 2"/5" drop kit for my 2wd DC from SOS Performance and can't wait to install it. Initial quality appears excellent. I will be sure to take a before and after pic and post both for you guys. My truck came with the 18" Enkeis which are fine for now. but when the tires wear down, those will be replaced with some aftermarket 22s'. :cool:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i dont understand doing this to a truck...
IMO its like lifting a car
Great to live in a free country where everyone is entitled to their own opinion aint it? :D

Looking forward to hearing your reviews and seeing the pics. After talking to SOS a couple times, Ill be going w/ their kit. Seem like good guys.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm also waiting to see the results. You have a web link for that SOS setup?

Is the rear adjustable for maybe a 4" instead of 5" lowering? I'm cool with the 2" up front.

I'm from the camp that doesn't understand lifting a truck.

I'm not on offroad kind of guy at all.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The rear is adjustable, either 4-5 or 4.5-5 I think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just received my 2"/5" drop kit for my 2wd DC from SOS Performance and can't wait to install it. Initial quality appears excellent. I will be sure to take a before and after pic and post both for you guys. My truck came with the 18" Enkeis which are fine for now. but when the tires wear down, those will be replaced with some aftermarket 22s'. :cool:
Please, please post pics. I've got the 20"s so I anxious to see the drop.

Also take a few pics of the in process..

·
Registered
96 Posts
how did they lower the front?
did they relocate the suspension mounts or they used lowering springs like McGauphy's kit?
thats the reason why i dont like the McGaughy kit, they used lowering springs in the front which will end up killing your shocks on the long run and shortened suspension travel which im pretty sure would be a rough ride.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a link to SOS :New Page 1
There are pics of several lowered trucks on this site, but no direct "before and after" type comparisons. As you can see, the drop is far from severe, it just levels the tail-high Tundra and makes a 2wd truck look like it is supposed to. I love the way my truck handles now - I can't wait to take some of the same curves on the backroads after I install this kit. With the lowered COG, I expect significant improvement. IMHO, there is no reason for a 2wd street truck to look like a prerunner. If I wanted that, I would have bought a 4wd.

Stay tuned!
Gordon

·
Registered
93 Posts
I could never do it to my own truck since I need the extra clearance and actually take it off-road on occasion but I all of our other vehicles are lowered. I have really wondered what it would look like with a little larger wheel and a drop.

Can't wait for those pictures! :tu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts