Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to tackle this myself in the coming months, but don't really have the right tools for the job. Does anyone have an idea of the number of hours a shop SHOULD charge for completing this install?

Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not bad! - that almost seems more worth it to me to just pay and have it done versus the time I would jack with it. any other input?

thanks, jjb2

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
aint got a clue im gonna do mine this week though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
621 seems high. For 150 I know I'll be paying someone to take care of it - at the 400 price point I'll be looking for a budy with a floor jack and getting me some clazzios.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
drive up to DFW area and we can see if we can screw them both up at once hahahaha.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA - we'll practice on yours and finish mine after we get it down.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do it yourself, the low range lift is easy to install. It took me about 4 hours taking my time and checking things twice. And lots of people on here have this lift and can answer questions. Don't forget to have alignment after the install. You will love the new look after the lift is in.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks ugo4it - appreciate the support - I may just give it a shot. BTW - your truck looks sick in that pic! very classy.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
thanks ugo4it - appreciate the support - I may just give it a shot. BTW - your truck looks sick in that pic! very classy.
Forget the truck, who is that in your avatar??? Geez. :devil::devil::devil:

I think I used to date her but I'd need to see more of her to be sure. Heheheheh

·
Registered
140 Posts
I paid around $150 for my Toyota dealer to put on new front coilovers and alignment.. $650 is robbery.. at $80/hr, they are saying it takes 8 hours to put a spacer lift on!??? I could do it in 2-3 in my driveway with the scissor jack.. and i've never done it before!! no.. really, even without doing it before, i'm sure I could do it in less then 8 hrs without a lift and experienced technicians. If your dealer gives you a bad price, bring it to a local midas or meineke.. they do that kind of work, and will probably charge alot less. Just make sure if you bring it to those places, you talk to the person doing the work first and feel confident they won't screw it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like 150 is about the norm... ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mike,

Better do it quick before its gets up to 100 degrees and the mosquitos tear you a$$ up during the install....

Dont ask me how I know.... haha

If I had to do it over, I would have somebody do it if the price was under $250. I just happened to have the tools and a shop to do mine in.... I used the LRO directions for my Truxxx install..... and got plenty of instant help from the guys on here in the middle of my install....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what you mean Justin! We have mosquitos so big they could probably help hold the flashlight...

I hope to get in to complete my taxes next week, and pending that outcome, (Fingers crossed I break even this year) I'll be ordering everything first week in March. I'm so ready to get these mods taken care of....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: ran around Houston yesterday and got 4 quotes. Thanks to this forum I was armed with the knowledge to know when I was getting ripped off... read: EVERYWHERE BUT 1! Found a place less than a mile from my house that will install readylift or LRO for 130 bucks but does not include the alignment. This is still a little high considering he said he and his partner will install it in 45 minutes while I wait. The way I'm looking at it, 130 for at least 4 hours of my time and they will warranty the work is worth it to me. Time to start ordering everything next week!

some additional feedback - the readylift was the standard offering at every pace. nobody heard of the LRO, and one guy even said the aluminum could crack... hummm.... not sure I believe that but I am considering the readylift now.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
the aluminum one is actually better than the others from what people say, but either are just fine. its just a hunk of metal in one form or another contrary to what some people say. they all serve the same function.

but anyway, 130 isnt bad....but its easy to do youself if you want to tackle it yourself. really, its easy. i did mine. :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
for the west side of town: best deal I found was at pickups plus on Fry road. Horrible prices at extreme offroad in katy, 4wheel parts, and off road unlimited on westheimer. Pick-ups plus was a real straight shooter too, and didn't care if I mail ordered the lift versus buying from them - others just wanted to push their product on me and get my quote to 800 bucks as quick as possible.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i called one place in the DFW area and he wanted 500 bucks to install mine. uh, no thanks. i did it for free. 500 bucks is pretty darn high for labor for just about anything IMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts