Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blew my 3.4 s/c at 15lbs w/ methanol

it happens..

so instead of rebuilding this trucks, its gonna get beastier.

ls1 .. off a 2003 corvette w/ under 30k miles, show car used in movie.. ended up as rollover.. i bought from auction.. and thrashed the car ..

i wanna keep the motor stock in the truck until its in my truck up and running, the wiring is going to be an issue but all with time..

mods for now will be 160 thermostat, 25% underdrive pulley, spl intake and bored out throttle body..

·
Registered
690 Posts
This will be fun to watch. Keep good records and a journal, and keep us up to date as you go along. As you probably know, nothing is impossible, no matter what the naysayers may think. In truth, I am surprised that no one has done this before, or at least that they have not talked about it if they have; it seems like a natural. Good luck.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Awesome, its a good engine!
And at least you can get a lot of aftermarket support on chipping the ECU for the LS1. Not to mention performance cams.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Keep us updated. The LS1 is a monster and would be very fun and sneaky in a first gen.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 3.4 did its job.. i was taking tundie 4.8's .. and silverado 5.3's .. but too much stress once i went up to long travel and 35 bfg's

the ls1

cams, tuning, a grip of aftermarket parts!!!!

im also on socaltundras.com where my main build page is at

ill be the first TUNVETTE

i was gonna go 2jz-gte .. but the ls1 makes more sense.

·
Registered
64 Posts
WOW! This will be fun to watch.

I sure hope you are able to avoid that sticking accelerator issue. Could be scary in that truck ;).

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nice! Thats about the only series of chevys I would stick in a tundra lmao! The 2jz woulda been sweet but nothin like a V8 Roar!

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Rob Welsh doing similar set up.
I'll be watching this one closely :) thanks for pictures :tu:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going to be using the drive by throttle tb instead of the drive by wire that comes with the vette.. i wanna be able to control my acceleration..

today!! waiting on the main man for my ls6 heads and tb.. among other things that are on the way =]

I sure hope you are able to avoid that sticking accelerator issue. Could be scary in that truck ;).

·
Registered
655 Posts
2jz would of been sick,but its been done before,i have yet to hear of an ls1 being done.if you need any help with tech info on this mod,let me know,i might be able to help,i work for toyota,and my buddy works at chevy.both in the parts deparment.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2jz would of been sick,but its been done before,i have yet to hear of an ls1 being done.if you need any help with tech info on this mod,let me know,i might be able to help,i work for toyota,and my buddy works at chevy.both in the parts deparment.

really!!! well now that you said.. which list you want first??

chevy:

truck harness
power steering pump (complete)
alternator and bracket

toyota: corner light plug

let me know!!

ive been looking around the junkyards around here ... craigslist.. ls1tech.com.. socaltundras..customtacos.. ebay!! nada!!

ill need the pin outs of the electrical for a 2003 tundra sr5 v6 if you can.. i got the wiring for a vette

NOTHING CAME IN THE MAIL :confused: SO GOTTA WAIT TILL TOMMORROW TO DO MORE WORK.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sweeet!! I was dreaming of this mod yestarday watching Desert People lol! Thats is the only other engine I would swap in my truck.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Registered
544 Posts
so which 3rd gen tundra wants to go at it for a run 1st ?? lmao

im praying to have this beast turn on by my 22nd bday .. (may 29th) cause we planning a pismo trip in june

thanks everyone for subscribing
lol there is no 3rd gen.:p

1 - 20 of 277 Posts