Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On friday I started my LS2 conversion for the first time, It fired first twist of the key and sat there idling like it had always been in there. Today I drove it, can't really report on acceleration as it was raining---instant wheelspin at any speed. Next Job---get rid or the open diff. It drove flawlessly,no problems at all and that blower makes for lots of torque. I was very pleased with the way it ran.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
PICTURES plyyz... dammit these people are getting these sweet engines into Tundras. Is it new thing on here. Now everyone will need LS1 in Tundra? :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Too cool! Now who's doing the LS9 swap? Anyone!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
That is a really clean looking swap!
how much power are you expecting?

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
On friday I started my LS2 conversion for the first time, It fired first twist of the key and sat there idling like it had always been in there. Today I drove it, can't really report on acceleration as it was raining---instant wheelspin at any speed. Next Job---get rid or the open diff. It drove flawlessly,no problems at all and that blower makes for lots of torque. I was very pleased with the way it ran.
Please, please, please get some videos up! I saw those pics in the other thread and my monitor needed cleaning shortly afterwards:rolleyes:. I really need to see that thing in action. Looks awesome. How about some more details like drivetrain mods,etc.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The drive train has the GTO 4L65E auto trans --the truck is lowered 2.5" front 4" rear with a custom 4 bar plus panhard rod with self levelling air bags. 13" Stoptech brakes on the front and 12" disc conversion on the rear. The LS2 has the magnacharger TVS 1900 intercooled S/C kit on it with long tube headers--3" mandrel bent pipes to a huge Flowmaster and then 3.5" pipe over the axle and out the rear corner of the fender.
I am ordering a Limited slip tomorrow as it is a bit wild when it breaks the tires loose at 60 mph. Horsepower should be somewhere around 475- 500 rwhp. truck weighs right around 4000lbs

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The drive train has the GTO 4L65E auto trans --the truck is lowered 2.5" front 4" rear with a custom 4 bar plus panhard rod with self levelling air bags. 13" Stoptech brakes on the front and 12" disc conversion on the rear. The LS2 has the magnacharger TVS 1900 intercooled S/C kit on it with long tube headers--3" mandrel bent pipes to a huge Flowmaster and then 3.5" pipe over the axle and out the rear corner of the fender.
I am ordering a Limited slip tomorrow as it is a bit wild when it breaks the tires loose at 60 mph. Horsepower should be somewhere around 475- 500 rwhp. truck weighs right around 4000lbs

Ive seen the pics of your engine bay...do you have any other pics of the outside too. I wish I could see that in person....damn sounds sah-weeeeeeeeeet!! :first:

·
Registered
302 Posts
That looks really nice. what front bumper is that? IVAN STEWART?

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Man ohh man. Very clean! Pretty much a sleeper. I like it lots! I bet you surprise the Hemi and Lightning crowd every day.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Wow, Rob, looks great!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
DAMN, thats 1 bad azz Tundra!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
WOW!
get it to the track as soon as u can, I wanna see some numbers... if u manage to get traction lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone supply me with the tundra 2001 denso pump part # and flow rate.
I am seeing a little drop in fuel pressure at the top of 4th gear (It is fine through the gears)
I want to compare the flow to the Supra TT pump (195130-1020). before I buy one
Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Rob, just buy Walboro 255 fuel pump (it will be more then enough for what you need). Its almost plug and play and they are little over $100 on ebay

1 - 20 of 62 Posts