Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 7 years now/101,000 miles, I always made sure that the lid/flap to the 7-way hitch hookup was shut but it would not always shut well. I finally had the brainstorm to take some of my SuperLube/Dielectric grease and spread it on that nice 3-ring orange-seal they put on the flap/lid of it and now it shuts tightly and easily.

Why didn't I think of it sooner.

I also sprayed some CRC-656 and some corrosion guard to keep the nasties at bay.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
well it's about time!!!! j/k

isn't it something how we will "settle" for certain results for so long, then one day we do one little thing differently, and we end up saying "why didn't i think of that sooner?" human nature to remain comfortable with our actions i guess. even when we quietly disapprove of the results, we still remain comfortable with them. funny how that works??

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i heard if you wanted to add anything electical for it not to rust, etc,
use only & i might have the spelling wrong as usual ,but it's called die electric grease.
you can buy it in any auto parts store. it what i've been told. so i'm going to buy a tub of it. for my battery connector's, & tow plug. & anything else i find. like when i put in my new kinetik battery & isolator.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent point WhiteLiteNin, very well put.

Whenever I'd notice and look at the flap and see some orange, I'd take my finger and push on the door a little to get it to seat but it would never really go in all the way. Once I put the grease in, it slid in like it was KY-Jellied.

GORILLA, it is dielectric grease, yes. SuperLube is a dielectric grease and it is cheap at like $4 for 4 oz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts