Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally scored a great set of 20" Deep Six locally. However, my stock 17" alloys use a 12x1.5mm mag style wheel nut, and I obviously need an acorn style nut now. Anybody have any recommendations for an aftermarket set? Bulge style? How long? The lug nut wells look pretty deep. Gorilla or McGard? Help! :)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i got another set from the dealership
20 lugs=$20
lug locks are 4 lugs with 1 key for $20
both are chrome.
i knew they were the correct size, & shape.
although i didn't pay for anything, they said thats what they charge.
now you have a good idea of what it's approx. cost will be.
you can also go to a auto parts store. but now you will need to match them up.
but you don't have any to match up.
gorilla

·
Registered
194 Posts
Finally scored a great set of 20" Deep Six locally.
Off topic, but can you get some measurements off those wheels for me? I need rim width, outside of flange to outside of flange, and backspacing.

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the responses and links so far. Big Al, thanks, but I think the link to the 20 lugs is for the newer Tundras as the thread is 14x1.5, not the 12x1.5 on our trucks. It appears they use the "bulge" type acorn nuts, which is the info I needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing I need to consider is that the stock lug nuts and wrench are 21mm (approx 13/16"). Most of the lug nuts I can find are 3/4", which means the wrench in the truck will not work with them. Maybe I can find some 13/16".

My Enkei Deep Six are 20x9.5". They came with Pirelli Scoprions at 295/45-20. Offset is TBD. (Will check when I get home).

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
The ones I have say 12mm 1.5 rh/t on side of the lug nuts and that's what my originals said also. I found them on ebay but can't figure out who I got them for I just looked at the pictures and found some that looked the same as what was on the truck. and they take the 21mm socket also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up getting a set of 20 and 4 locks off ebay, Gorilla 61138 lifetime warranty lugs that are 13/16" and should work with the stock lug wrench. They had some cheaper ones on ebay also that were 13/16", but I decided not to skimp. The locks use a 13/16" wrench also.

My truck is Blue Steel (BS!) Metallic. Had some pics here before they updated the forum a year or two ago. I will post another one (or two) once I get the Deep Six's mounted.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update, put the 20s on last weekend. The Gorilla bulge acorn 61138 worked fine. I could have used longer lugs, but couldn't easily find a set of bulge acorn in 13/16". Plenty of longer lugs available if you want to switch to 3/4" though. Hope to post a pic or two this weekend. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts