Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for the M.A.D.ness guys, have you been out-modded? :sad3d:

I was at a stoplight yesterday morning and this guy pulls up next to me in a black TRD access cab. I look over to notice he has fiberglass fenders, a heavy off road front bumper, Camburg UCA's with Camburg coilovers, shaved door trims and darker windows than me.:dry3d:

Now, he didn't have long travel as far as I could see so he didn't beat me by much. Also he had chrome mirrors still so I had SOMETHING on him!(thanks again JJJACKIES!) I left the light in an angry state, thinking maybe he didn't have headers, maybe he didn't have a stereo like mine, maybe I have better floormats, maybe the cup of coffee I just bought is bigger than his.:beatsme: Thinking of getting a loan. This sickness, it's possibly life threatening. I don't think it would hurt so much if he had a different color, but his truck just looked like mine would if I didn't have 2 other project cars.

This could be a OT thread, but the M.A.D.ness lives in GEN 1 land so lets hear it. Have you had this happen to you?

JBTOY, FISHN101 and ERKI, you guys better fess up if it has!:cool:

And please, none of that "I don't care for mods" nonsense, this is for those who do!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes, I freely admit the same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was the fact that I still haven't gotten the hood color matched or the entire grille was amashed out by a pheasnt but I felt utterly abused by his truck, He had a 6'' lift, badass wheels and nitto tires, and camburg everything tucked under his truck, and a complete custom inside (speakers, tv screens and etc..) But I took solace in the fact that he had two things that dropped points off his truck, his parents paid for everything and he had an insanely ugly gf, who was stressing the suspension on his truck.

·
Registered
447 Posts
^Haha I love the fat & ugly girlfriend in the passenger seat! I feel ya tundrunk, I know what it's like to have a similar vehicle pass you or pull up next to you at the light. What you shoulda done was reved on him and tried to one up him by at least being faster or a better driver :cool:

You'll get there eventually. I've owned my Integra for 8 years and up until about 2 years ago when I finally got it painted and bought new wheels, it didn't get much attention before that. Now every 16-21 year old kid wants my car. I feel that in time you'll have a better Tundra than that guy. Just look at it as motivation :tu:

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Although it wasn't tasteful or attractive, I saw one this morning that would have made everyone die laughing. It was a fine example of how to mod cheaply. I tried to get a pic, but no-go. It was a Super clean 03-04 with the "chico" treatment. It looked like he magnetized it, and drove through Auto Zone. Fake port holes everywhere, chrome naked girls, at least four "turbo" emblems, louvers, vinyl flames, etc., etc., etc. I'm gonna be on the lookout and will follow him and sneak a pic next time. Lord, I hope he's not on here.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If you go to any TS meets you will likely take out a loan and go crazy with it, on the truck thats is...

Earlier this year in Arizona as I was eyeing a pair of legs walking across the street a long traveled tundra with bumpers, bedlocks, 35's, exhaust exiting out the bedside, socal lean and everything broke my sight. I wanted to drop all my savings on my truck to make it looks somewhat like this dudes. From then my list of M.A.D.ness has nevere been so long!!!

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Although it wasn't tasteful or attractive, I saw one this morning that would have made everyone die laughing. It was a fine example of how to mod cheaply. I tried to get a pic, but no-go. It was a Super clean 03-04 with the "chico" treatment. It looked like he magnetized it, and drove through Auto Zone. Fake port holes everywhere, chrome naked girls, at least four "turbo" emblems, louvers, vinyl flames, etc., etc., etc. I'm gonna be on the lookout and will follow him and sneak a pic next time. Lord, I hope he's not on here.
Sounds like the primate's. There aren't many modded Tundras around here.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I guess it couldn't happen to you either, you put in way more work on your truck. I've said it before, I'd hate to pull up next to you with a chick in my truck.:dry3d: She might just leave!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yeah, I guess it couldn't happen to you either, you put in way more work on your truck. I've said it before, I'd hate to pull up next to you with a chick in my truck.:dry3d: She might just leave!
hahaha good stuff

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm usually the one around my town that has the most mods and tries to park next to a stock tundra every chance I get (actually parked next to 2 tonight :laughing3d:). There is this DC I see at school though, with 5 marker lights above his windshield, and maybe around a 6" lift? I just have to tell myself that mine is faster off-road and he's running stock UCA's. Other people around here have tried me, even saw another member's truck the other day (CookieMan08), but most of them only have cheap looking body lifts... I just hope apimpdad never pulls up next to me at a redlight! Lol

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
All of my mods so far have been for better fuel economy - I know, most find this ridiculous, trivial, or boring. For me it works. I like it. My mods are not out in the open where people can see them so my truck looks stock - except for the ram air intake scoop.

Still, when I see another truck with a killer set of rims,, nice lift, tool boxes, clean paint job, tinted windows, exhausts, Rhinoed fenders/bumpers, winches, lights, etc... I go a little apesh!t. The future Mrs. Lizard has come to expect this reaction out of me and just rolls her eyes.

One day, when I get my fuel economy mods done, I will go and do some of the things I have seen that I want like wheels, a slight lift, new exhaust, touch-up and detail the body, a tool box (for what I have no idea I just want one dammit!), a winch, a train horn, etc. . . . I don't know how far off that is but I do know where to go to get great ideas and advice for those mods.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I'm usually the one around my town that has the most mods and tries to park next to a stock tundra every chance I get (actually parked next to 2 tonight :laughing3d:). There is this DC I see at school though, with 5 marker lights above his windshield, and maybe around a 6" lift? I just have to tell myself that mine is faster off-road and he's running stock UCA's. Other people around here have tried me, even saw another member's truck the other day (CookieMan08), but most of them only have cheap looking body lifts... I just hope apimpdad never pulls up next to me at a redlight! Lol
I'm coming to find you :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
I pass a very clean lifted silver sky dub cab on occasion when I go to work in the mornings - It's what my truck will look like in a month or two. Every time I pass it, a weird "impatient" feeling comes over me - it's as if nothing else in the world will matter until my RCD is under my truck. :D

IMHO, nice isn't what you put on your truck, it's how clean you keep it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm coming to find you :D
Oh no! :shocked3d: Lol

Highwaylizard, If you really want better fuel economy you should do something crazy like try to put a diesel in your truck. If you could fit a Hilux motor in a Tundra that would be sweet!

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Oh no! :shocked3d: Lol

Highwaylizard, If you really want better fuel economy you should do something crazy like try to put a diesel in your truck. If you could fit a Hilux motor in a Tundra that would be sweet!

Hey Coach,

Just ran highway at 70 MPH and four hundred pounds of books and bookshelves in the bed from Indy to Bloomington and back. Pulled some good hills. Had it on Cruise Control the whole way with the exception of the towns. Transmission never kicked down on the hills. AC the whole time too. I averaged 21.4 MPG.

All this is from my mods so far. The last mod I did to the air box seems to be helping. Next will be electric fans which should net me another 2 MPG on the highway. After that headers and a new exhaust. I have a patent I have been working on for a few years now that is just about ready. I expect that to give me a few more MPG's as well. Currently I am getting 17 - 18 MPG in town.

I would love to do a diesel and after I get bills paid off and back on my feet I think I will start looking for a donor vehicle to do a diesel conversion on. For now I will continue to play with my truck and its gasoline engine. Toyota has been making diesel trucks for years but they are only available overseas.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
This is for the M.A.D.ness guys, have you been out-modded? :sad3d:
This could be a OT thread, but the M.A.D.ness lives in GEN 1 land so lets hear it. Have you had this happen to you?

JBTOY, FISHN101 and ERKI, you guys better fess up if it has!:cool:
Just got back from a 4 day trip south of Mexico City and catching up. Interesting thread. I have not seen any truck in my area that makes me feel out-modded, but, I am sure some are out there.

Modding may depend on the person and preferences. I have seen some nice rides from CA that are sweet, but, I may be able to hold up. Depends on what we are comparing for mods. Just in case, I am modding some more.....because, I do have mod disease!!:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd have to say I'm pretty damn happy with my ride and whenever I'm at a stoplight with another tundra on the other side I'm looking to see if he's checking mine out. At the same time I definitely appreciate another sweet tundra when I see one. There's only been one time recently that I saw one I was completely jealous of. It looked like it was set up for the Baja 500. sweetass suspension, fiberglass fenders, roll cage and all the bells and whistles. I don't do enough offroading to justify all of that (and I'm broke after all of my other mods) but it sure looked badass! So as I passed it in the parking lot I did what any self-respecting, mod crazy tundra owner like myself would do, I let my truck piss on it with it's bumper mounted water jets. I felt like it was my mutt marking it's turf!

·
Registered
566 Posts
with everything my truck has.. i still get jealous when i see a tundra with trd ivan stewart grille.. i want one !! lol
Same here! I wish I could find one for cheap!

Highwaylizard, I'm very jealous of your MPG! I haven't really calculated mine in a while... and I don't think I want to... Lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts