Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don;t know if this is true.....but I spoke to a friend in Mass yeasterday and he told me of a new law that makes after-market exaust illegal:eek:
He told me that his brother went to 3 different inspection shops to get an inspection and they all refused him. He has an avalanche with a gibson exaust and due to the sound levels most aftermarket systems won't pass.

Someone who has better sources than I should look into this. I would hate to see and members get screwed by some stupid law:td:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
My bosses friend has a Civic with a "coffee can" exhaust on it and he has received 3 tickets in the city of Milford.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
So I wonder if they'll ever outlaw the typical loud arsh Harley.

The inspection stations should provide the details on what the law states, how can they enforce it if they dont have the written code in front of them?

I think there needs to be a law to turn law maker positions into part time jobs, that way they dont spend so much time during the day twiddling their thumbs scheming up retarded laws.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I wonder if they'll ever outlaw the typical loud arsh Harley.

The inspection stations should provide the details on what the law states, how can they enforce it if they dont have the written code in front of them?

I think there needs to be a law to turn law maker positions into part time jobs, that way they dont spend so much time during the day twiddling their thumbs scheming up retarded laws.
I second the Harley notion:devil:

I think they did not have the decible meters to judge if the exaust was in compliance, so the just sent him away:td:

The founding fathers wanted part time law makers not profesional hacks:(

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I second the Harley notion:devil:

I think they did not have the decible meters to judge if the exaust was in compliance, so the just sent him away:td:

The founding fathers wanted part time law makers not professional hacks:(
I 3rd that Harley notion! A guy down the street from me has probably the loudest freaking Harley ever. He loves to just rev it while he's riding. :td:

Some exhausts are really loud, but I can't see them banning that, I guess its noise pollution but that will open up a whole can of worms. Only thing I can see is if the emissions is bad.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Why ARE Harleys allowed to be so noisy? The guy down the block from me has one and he's always revving the thing early in the mornings. Guy down the block with harley=total choad.

I thought exhaust laws were more about pollution control that noise...I always thought '50 state smog legal' etc means that with the right certificate you should be able to pass ANY inspection.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I guess you have to rev a Harley to keep the POS running. Or maybe because it is noisey and you want to express how cool you are to have a Harley. Bad boy riding a Harley with leather on, be careful! The first thing of Harley I think of is the guy is greasebag, or some yuppie wanna be. Its more of a status symbol then any thing now. I went to a motorcycle meet last year, and I swear some of the Harley die hards really need to get a life. They would sell of their kid for a freaking exhaust pipe. Tuned exhaust? No way, it might idle and sound nice.

For that kind of money Id rather go buy a nice BMW, Triumph or something that actually sounds good and is fast.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am certain that loud harleys are not legal either the thing is most motorcycles are never inspected (also against the law).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts