Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Good question...
The service manual doesn't list a voltage. It does say that at 20 degrees C (68 degrees F) the resistance between pins 4 and 5 should be between 2.19k and 2.67k ohms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its giving me P0101
Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. I replaced the MAF sensor and the air fillter and the PCV valve, but it still throws the code. Runs good as far as I can tell. And I know what my sensor readings are at different RPMs I just don't know what they should be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
And you didn't change anything with the filter box, like take out that after filter? Sounds stupid, but try a factory air filter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes its giving me P0101
Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. I replaced the MAF sensor and the air fillter and the PCV valve, but it still throws the code. Runs good as far as I can tell. And I know what my sensor readings are at different RPMs I just don't know what they should be.
Hey guys, wanted to share i just went thru the same issue w my identical Tundra. My fix ended up being an actual (and more expensive) OEM MAF sensor replacement. Originally i purchased a new sensor from a local popular DIY shop but it was still throwing the same code after install and reset. Maybe this might work 4 u 2, good luk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In my 35 years of automotive, YES, that is a possibility. Also maybe the dealership has a TSB out for reprogramming and that will fix it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Typical range under averaged engine load values is between 0.85V and 1.3V. Only a couple things involved. Check over the whole intake for any leaks between the MAF and throttle body. Clean the MAF with MAF cleaner and check/clean/replace your PCV valve/hose. Also as mentioned replace the air filter with a factory paper element. If none of that works replace the MAF with a Genuine Toyota MAF only and not what the parts guy says is an oem unless it is a Denso or Hitachi.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you know the manufacturer, I would just go to Rock Auto and for $53 get the Hitachi. After calling Dealer to compare prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts