Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go with the single exhaust. I am planning to just swap out the muffler and keep the stock pipes. I am either going with the 12586 magnaflow which is the 22'', or the 12256 magnaflow which is the 18''.

1. How much louder in the cab is the 18'' muffler? I would like more sound outside, but do not want the noise in the cab to be bothersome to others.

2. What tip should I order with this package? I like the set up that Canada Jeff has in his pictures?

Thanks!
SheerRockO

·
Registered
665 Posts
22" you won't hear unless you get on the gas! 18" you will get a little rumble at idle and louder than the 22" while on the gas! ! !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
22" you won't hear unless you get on the gas! 18" you will get a little rumble at idle and louder than the 22" while on the gas! ! !

Kevo

Is this inside the cab or outsisd the cab? How much noise do you get inside the cab from the 18'' magnaflow when you are cruising down the highway?

Did you get a tip installed on yours?

Thanks!:tu:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed the 22" and was dissapointed, then everyone said it will sound better after it 'brakes in.' It has been over six months and still not much of a rumble or growl, only a little bit better than stock. If I had it to do over I would go with 18" (but then again I would probably be complaining it is too loud...)
I installed a 12" Magnaflow weld on tip, to me it looks better than the clamp or bolt on tips. Good Luck and let us know how it works out.

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
I installed the 22" and was dissapointed, then everyone said it will sound better after it 'brakes in.' It has been over six months and still not much of a rumble or growl, only a little bit better than stock. If I had it to do over I would go with 18" (but then again I would probably be complaining it is too loud...)
I installed a 12" Magnaflow weld on tip, to me it looks better than the clamp or bolt on tips. Good Luck and let us know how it works out.
Cut out the resonator you'll like the rumble better thats what I did then decided I didn't want pipes so I dumped it after the muffler.Couldn't be happier

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I went with the 14" Mag part # 11226 , It isn't much louder than stock even my wife has commented how quit it is compared to the system I had on the 2000 .
I would say start with the 14" . I also had a tip put on .

I am going to go with the single exhaust. I am planning to just swap out the muffler and keep the stock pipes. I am either going with the 12586 magnaflow which is the 22'', or the 12256 magnaflow which is the 18''.

1. How much louder in the cab is the 18'' muffler? I would like more sound outside, but do not want the noise in the cab to be bothersome to others.

2. What tip should I order with this package? I like the set up that Canada Jeff has in his pictures?

Thanks!
SheerRockO

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts