Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at having one of these two installed on my 06' DC V-8. Both mufflers are SI/SO and 2.5 inch diameter pipes. Which one would you go with? I want it to have a good sound, just not a glasspack sound. :ts:

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I've got the 12586 on mine and even with the resonator removed it's barely louder than stock. I got it because everybody had good things to say about this muffler, so I was pretty disappointed. I'd definitely go shorter than the 12586.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I will be doing some more investigating on it. Anyone have any comments regarding a flowmaster muffler??? Thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
go with the 14" magnaflow if you want it alittle louder. I have the 18" and wish it was alittle louder. Magnaflow is better performance wise compared to flowmaster. However a FM 40 is loud and the 50 series is alittle quieter.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have 2.5" piping with 14" magnaflow definitely has a nice tone. Don't go expecting a muscle tone because a TUNDRA will never have that. My 5.0 is for my rugged throaty sound. I have sound clips in my gallery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Kevo what exact number is yours i listened to it and liked it alot. I am wanting to get a new exhaust this summer. Ever get any drone?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kevo thanks for the sound clips. That exhaust sounds pretty awesome. :tu:

·
Registered
665 Posts
12256 is the part # for the 14" Magnaflow.

I went to my local TRUSTED exhaust shop and told them I wanted 2.5" with the 14" Magnaflow and they ended up giving me the mirror finish without charge because that was the only one they had left. The 14" you can hear inside the cab but you can knock it out with stereo. It is perfect for me. People always line up to watch me pull my boat out of the water to hear the exhaust tone. Guess they aren't expecting a Tundra to sound like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts