Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a Magnaflow exhaust system, and have some questions regarding fitment. There are 3 systems MF makes for the 1st gen Tundra:
15809- Single Passenger Side Rear
15820- Dual Same Side Behind Passenger Rear Tire
16864- Dual Split Rear

The 15809 appears to fit all models, no matter the year or engine size. Both dual exhausts are only for certain years & engine sizes. Would someone mind explaining to why this is? Why wouldn't they all be able to fit any 1st gen Tundra? Some sellers' sites state that they will fit any 2000-2006 Tundra, regardless of year/engine size, but other sites state only specific year/engine combinations.

I have a 2004 Tundra SR5 Access Cab 4.7 V8
Are there any modifications I could make to get a dual exhaust to fit? I don't have to have one, I just like the aesthetic. I'll get the single exhaust if it is my only option.
I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I think its just some sellers dont know for sure. I did a quick check on one site and it said all would fit.
That being said I had the 15820 on my 05 DC when I had it and I wasnt a big fan. Droned like hell and its made of 409 stainless so it shows surface rust pretty fast. It wont rot out very quick since it is stainless but it wont look that great after about a year. It will show the same surface rust as what your OEM probably looks like now.
For probably around the same price I would look at Dirty Deeds and get something from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll contact Dirty Deeds then. I keep hearing nothing but positive things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts