Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided I'm going to go with the Magnaflow 15820 for my otherwise-stock 2004 DC 4x4. I've done a lot of searching and reading thru the forums here, but couldn't find an answer to this question anywhere. PLEASE HELP:

How the HELL do I get my wife to let me buy this thing? (Or anything, for that matter!!)

:ballchain:

·
2,444 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :laughing:

You buy her something nice first. If that doesn't work just go ahead... then pay later.;)

Then again, I am divorced so I wouldn't listen to me. :D

Thanks for the laugh!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than ask permission.

Dunno. I just order stuff. Usually shop around alot(usually just summitracing.com) to make sure I get the best price. That usually makes her happy.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :laughing:

You buy her something nice first. If that doesn't work just go ahead... then pay later.;)

Then again, I am divorced so I wouldn't listen to me. :D

Thanks for the laugh!
Yeah, that would normally be my approach. But, geeze, I JUST bought the woman an entire new CAR. You'd think that would entitle me to at least an exhaust!!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I usually try to use the "safety" approach. I told my DW that if we don't put headers on the truck, the engine could blow from the stress of towing the trailer. It might even happen while we are on the road in the middle of nowhere. She actually logged into Autoanything.com for me. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually try to use the "safety" approach. I told my DW that if we don't put headers on the truck, the engine could blow from the stress of towing the trailer. It might even happen while we are on the road in the middle of nowhere. She actually logged into Autoanything.com for me. Worked like a charm.
That is sneaky, rotten, underhanded and nasty!

I love it!! :laughing:

Of course, I'll need to buy a trailer first, in order for this particular approach to work...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well...It starts in the bedroom. :) then as stated you buy her something nice and just slip it in. Maybe she won't even notice.

On the other hand my wife is an attorney so nothing gets past her.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well...It starts in the bedroom. :) then as stated you buy her something nice and just slip it in. Maybe she won't even notice.

On the other hand my wife is an attorney so nothing gets past her.
Well, if I could work that "Bedroom" magic thing, I wouldn't need the big truck! :eek:

·
2,444 Posts
Just buy it, install it, and see if she notices it. When I put mine on, my wife did not even notice.
Better pay cash... otherwise there will be a paper trail.:D

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I have my money. She works and has her own money. I pay x x x x and she buys x x x x and we split the mortgage. Been doing this for the last 12 years we have been together. No fights about money ever. I have money in the bank she has money in the bank. All happy here :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have my money. She works and has her own money. I pay x x x x and she buys x x x x and we split the mortgage. Been doing this for the last 12 years we have been together. No fights about money ever. I have money in the bank she has money in the bank. All happy here :)
We do something similar. She has her money, and she has MY money. :help:

lol...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Oh I can't stay out of this discussion! Go for the "economy" angle, the reduced backpressure will allow the engine to perform more efficiently (remember not to say "and it'll sound cool too" , that could blow the whole thing) Of course what do I know, I have a Tundra sitting in the yard waiting to be reassembled (bought way cheap with blown trans and the exhaust cut off) and my wife said "can you make it sound like that when your done?" and I said "Sure!" I am one lucky fella!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well.........if the existing system happened to develop a leak and needed to be replaced..........it would make sense to replace it with something that will last forever........like nice stainless steel.
:D

·
Supportive Supporter
1,136 Posts
Tell her you think the truck is too loud (disturbs people) and the new muffler will make it quieter....that's how I put the header/ exhaust system on my YZ!!!!!!! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts