Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a MAGNAFLOW muffler and tip installed and it sounds awesome!!!!! The muffler is part #11226, 2 1/2 inch. SI/SO. It sounds stealthy, quiet at start up but when you jump on the pedal it has a good tone, throaty especially between 2-3000 rpms. The tip I used is 2.5 inlet and 3.5 outlet, slash cut. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Posts some pics! I was looking at your gallery - What lift are you running and did you ever get your step bars line-xed yet? Those steps are awesome. You can't beat doing the work yourself and being original. I was planning on making something similar for my Tacoma. Great work.:tu:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you notice any cab drone at 2000rpm's with the magnaflow?
I get just a little with the flowpro muffler I have on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very little cab drone with the Magnaflow

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dcab, I decided to spray the bars with Rustoleum satin finish paint first. I wanted the bars on my truck ASAP so I did that first, as far as the lift is concerned I bought the truck like that from the dealer but it has a coil spacer and add a leaf to give it a 3 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I did the exact same thing a year ago. Cheap and great resutls!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
How much did this cost you? Looks great and sounds like I need to do this soon!

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
How loud is the magnaflow in the cab with the resonator still on? I kind of want to give my truck a little growl however at idle and low rpm I don't want to hear it in the cab. I also don't want to hear it while I'm cruising around unless I get on the go pedal.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wait for the muffler to break in a little...it will only get better!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
How loud is the magnaflow in the cab with the resonator still on? I kind of want to give my truck a little growl however at idle and low rpm I don't want to hear it in the cab. I also don't want to hear it while I'm cruising around unless I get on the go pedal.
I wanted the same as you discribed above. trust me, this is your answer!!

No cab drone, no window ratteling exhuast in town. Just a real nice "unstock" (if that makes sence) sound. And it really sounds great when you punch it!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Could you please post a sound clip for us so we can hear it? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is no drone at idle, very little cab drone with the resonator on, between 2-3000 rpms there is some drone but the radio cancels that out. If i step on it then the drone becomes a little more but not to over the top. I am thinking of removing the resonator and seeing what that does to the drone. I will post a sound clip soon.

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
There is no drone at idle, very little cab drone with the resonator on, between 2-3000 rpms there is some drone but the radio cancels that out. If i step on it then the drone becomes a little more but not to over the top. I am thinking of removing the resonator and seeing what that does to the drone. I will post a sound clip soon.
Take off the resonator then you will really like the sound.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today the resonator came off and now it really rocks!!!! The drone is not much more in the cab but the sound is 10 x better. The sound is good at start up and from 500-3000 rpms, really strong and throaty. Turned a few heads today when driving around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exhaust tip $25.00, Magnaflow muffler and tip installed + resonator removed $ 120.00. Installation was done at a family owned muffler shop near home.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Does it sound better than a flowmas 40? Not as obvious or about the same but more performancy. like say a mustang GT's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In my opinion I think it sounds better than the flowmaster. I think the combination of the muffler and the exhaust tip are a good combination to have. It has a nice throaty tone throughout exceleration and is quiet at highway speed. Just remember to remove the resonator like others have said, it does make a difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wonder how much louder it will get after it breaks in. I was thinking about getting either the 18" or 22" just because I know it will get louder in the future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts