Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have the sound clips but the damn attachment files are too big for me to download. Any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I'd go with the 14" , Just had it put on the 06 with a tip Muffler # 11226 , and hope it gets louder.
First impressions I'm not too impressed not much louder than stock ,wife hasn't even noticed I had it installed yet and she has ears like a deer in hunting season .
Right now it doesn't compare to the Banks I had on the 00 , but didn't want to deal with the loose of lowend torque .

I wonder how much louder it will get after it breaks in. I was thinking about getting either the 18" or 22" just because I know it will get louder in the future.

·
Registered
417 Posts
a 14'' one will be real loud and i bet the drone will drive you nuts after a few weeks

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
There is no drone if you just replace the muffler with the 14" mag, from what others report the drone is heard when you also remove the resonator .

a 14'' one will be real loud and i bet the drone will drive you nuts after a few weeks

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had an 18" Magnaflow on my 2002 4cyl tacoma. It was loud, but it was the perfect tone I was looking for. I can't imagine a 14" on a Tundra. :eek: For this truck, I wanted something quieter. I just bought a slightly used Magnaflow for mine from a member on here and I love it. He sold it because it was too quiet for him and he bought a Spin Tech and is happy with it. Mine could be a little louder, so I may have the resonator removed also. I would rather be too quiet than too loud. :D Here's the details of the muffler I got.

PART #: 14586
DESCRIPTION: Offset/Center
2.5" Inlet/Outlet
22" Body Length, 28" Overall Length.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SlamdTaco,
Do you notice any drone with the 22" Magnaflow? Did you notice any difference in low end or mid-range power.
Also, what do you think of the True-flo filter? Is it much noiser than stock? Any loss in bottom end with it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wanted the same as you discribed above. trust me, this is your answer!!

No cab drone, no window ratteling exhuast in town. Just a real nice "unstock" (if that makes sence) sound. And it really sounds great when you punch it!!

get a single aero turbine with a tip installed. i had this setup on my truck for a while but it was dumed and it sounded great at wot and at idle it is alittle louder than stock and at cruesing speeds there was alittle bit of a drone but this could be because i had the resonater removed and it reallly did not bother me at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I almost went with a Magnaflow but I just had a Flowmaster delta 50 intalled yesterday. I've used Magnaflow and Dynomax mufflers on my previous cars and trucks and was happy but after time they do get louder and louder. I wanted something that keep the same tone over time and wasn't very loud. The delta 50 sounds great. The only time you hear the nice melow rumble is when your excelerating. At idle and on the freeway you can't even tell it's there. I couldn't be happier. I used all the stock piping and just replaced the factory muffler.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts