Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While installing the GBS for the OEM alarm (see DIY thread on subject--thx Stanton47 and Sparks Toyota-TRD), I was surprised to find a GBS sensor mounted at the bottom of the dash. Inside the dash, I found the GBS control box and some wire splicing (no-cut type). See the pix below.

- Anyone have an idea of the make/model?
- Will this conflict with the OEM alarm (headed to the dealer today to have it enabled)?

- Any bad effects if I remove the gear?

Note: this is a dealer installed alarm (or at least parts of one) that they offered for a mere $500. I traced wire bundles to the ignition and over toward the junction box in upper left of driver dash. I could not find a main control box...perhaps they removed it?

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Pretty sure that's your standard "starter interrupt" system that most dealers use to try to foil lot thieves... You can usually override them with a paper clip if you know what you're doing... I did it in front of the F&I guy on the Mustang I bought a long time ago. He wanted to sell me the security system (also $500 oddly enough) and when I pointed out that it was just a $2 relay with a simple connector, he told me they'd go ahead and remove it for me before delivery...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts