Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Mall of GA toyota in Buford, GA to find out about getting the ball joint recall done on both of my trucks I got there(which are the last of anything I ever get there again).

They told me

a)The work will take approx. 4-5 hours per vehicle
b) They only perform recall work Mon. thru Fri., not on Sat.
c) They will not provide me transportation while the work is being done.

That said, I'd have to take 2 days off work to get this recall done. I dont think so.

I told them

a) Goodbye.

I then called Milton Martin Toyota in Gainesville, GA, who told me

a) It takes about 2 hours.
b) We'll do it tomorrow, Saturday.
c) We'll do em both tomorrow at the same time.
d) No we won't provide transportation because you don't need it. :D

After I talked to the sucka$$ dealer, I called Toyota, and then SouthEast Toyota, who both told me politely, too bad take it up with the dealer.

Hello? Who issued this recall?????

Anyway, Mall of GA has sucked since day one. I advise everyone in GA to steer clear of them, 'cause they don't give 1 whit about you.

So, I'm taking my trucks to Milton Martin from now on for service.

These are my last Toyotas. Their response was pathetic, and that shows me they don't give a chit either.

I've always wanted a dually diesel 4WD anyway.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Call this dealer

Ask for Taurus Ross, New Car Sales Manager

800-948-2546
803-279-8400

Taylor Toyota
5425 Jefferson Davis Hwy
North Augusta, SC 29841

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hate to tell you, but unless you buy a Lexus you can expect most car dealers to give you this type of service. In all my ears of dealing with car dealerships 80% are sub-par and 20% are good. I just had my Suv done last wek and they also did the 25,000 mile checkup and it took 2 hours.
I also didn't get a loaner they said its because the recall doesn't take that much time. I wasn't in the mood to argue with them it just wasn't worth it.Good luck with who ever you decide to go with.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
I called Mall of GA toyota in Buford, GA to find out about getting the ball joint recall done on both of my trucks I got there(which are the last of anything I ever get there again).

They told me

a)The work will take approx. 4-5 hours per vehicle
b) They only perform recall work Mon. thru Fri., not on Sat.
c) They will not provide me transportation while the work is being done.

That said, I'd have to take 2 days off work to get this recall done. I dont think so.

I told them

a) Goodbye.

I then called Milton Martin Toyota in Gainesville, GA, who told me

a) It takes about 2 hours.
b) We'll do it tomorrow, Saturday.
c) We'll do em both tomorrow at the same time.
d) No we won't provide transportation because you don't need it. :D

After I talked to the sucka$$ dealer, I called Toyota, and then SouthEast Toyota, who both told me politely, too bad take it up with the dealer.

Hello? Who issued this recall?????

Anyway, Mall of GA has sucked since day one. I advise everyone in GA to steer clear of them, 'cause they don't give 1 whit about you.

So, I'm taking my trucks to Milton Martin from now on for service.

These are my last Toyotas. Their response was pathetic, and that shows me they don't give a chit either.

I've always wanted a dually diesel 4WD anyway.

I think most of the Toyota Dealership in the Georgia area flat out suck on service there are a few who derserve our bussiness. only one dealership i Like for my oil changes but i Buy my part's from Texas from Bill at anythingtoyota reason is simple Ga Toyota stealerships southeast toyota have a higher overhead on part's. Im saving a lot buying out of state inculding the shipping cost..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
You did the right thing by calling another dealer, Toyota can not force any dealer to adapt to your schedule, and would you want anyone working on your vehicle under duress? Milton Martin have been in business for many years in Gainesville and are very professional and yet laid back at the same time. As for saturday; many dealers do only light duty stuff on sat's, using just a partial shop crew for PDI, minor repairs/adjustments ect. It's nice to find a dealer shop staffed on weekends.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I show up at Milton Martin at 745, they let me in and tell me to get comfy in the lounge, they'll have me out of there by 1030.

They fibbed.

I cranked the Sequoia at 945. :D

Oh yeah, they line up the front end when they do the recall.

Milton Martin has my biz from now on for sure---when it's time to do something with these 2, if I decide to stay Toyota they'll definitely get the business.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't even get me started on Georgia dealers, they suck big time! If there is a good one I have not found them yet. You think they are bad, try the one in Tifton, Georgia. After making an appointment with them and driving 2 hours away they decided since I did not buy my truck from them they did not want to work on it, under warranty. Dealer in Waycross I had bought in from was awful which is why I took it to them in the first place. Called Toyota, sorry, we can't make the dealer work on your under warranty truck. Don't know whats worse, dealers or toyota's sorry excuse for customer service!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, Milton Martin's dealerships in Gainesville (they also had Honda in '97, when I lived in Dahlonega at Camp Merrill) are both tops, sales and service. Owner's grandson (forget his first name--Cody Martin?) was salesman for my Taco and is probably higher up in the company by now. They have a 'small town' feel' and really aim to please. Sure wish I didn't live so far from them now. Probably the best dealer experience I've had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts