Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any issues with their manifolds on their trucks. I have a leak and I think that is where it is coming from.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Many have had issues with header gasket leaks, maybe it just came a bit loose. I would say upgrade to headers anyway, no matter what the problem is. That will be my next mod, after the timing belt and complete fluid drain. I don't recall anyone actually having a cracked manifold though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do a search...you'll find a ton of information and topics relating to this. BTW, there are many cases with cracked manifolds, not just gaskets leaking.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yhea there were quite a few problems with cracking manifold or exhaust gaskets leaking. The header install didnt seem to be as bad as I expected it was going to be when I started on mine.

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Cracked manifold flanges are definitely a known issue and many members have had this issue. I've had it happen a couple of times. I usually swap them out for stocks as other members are selling them cheap. I'd upgrade to aftermarket but, headers are not on my priority list. Here's a pic of my original stock manifolds with the crack. I inserted the pick to exaggerate the crack and be more noticeable in the pic.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
My theory is the 4.7 is intentionally cracking these wimpy manifolds because it wants headers.:D

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My theory is the 4.7 is intentionally cracking these wimpy manifolds because it wants headers.:D
:amen:!!

My original driver side manifold looked just like dyogim's. Glad I don't have the problem anymore I'm picky when it comes to noises that can be fixed.:tu:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dorman sells a copy of the originals and also a cast iron, guaranteed for life version for 190.00. I have no experience with them
just came across them in my searches.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
LOL> I do not remember if I had a cracked manifold, or, I imagined it, but, just in
case...I pulled them off and went with TRD headers at the time (many years ago). All is good now. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is making a loud "hissing" noise, its not really a tick as most exhaust leaks would be and it is coming from that area. I will just pull the heat shield and see if I can see if it is leaking. Thanks

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Too bad mine wont fit your truck, mine are in good shape and I don't need them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts