Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've transformed the back of my 2002 Sequoia into a car camper and was working to install a secondary "house" deep cell battery through a solenoid and wired to the back of the car.
Issue:
When starting the car now, the ABS, Emergency Brake light, and VSC OFF lights are all perminently lit up on the dash when the cars running. The windows cannot be controlled unless you use the key from outside the door. Also, pressing the emergency brake pedal lights up the "cruise" control light begins flashing. Those are all the issues I've noticed but there may be more. I've never seen anything like this and assume something happened to a ground point possibly so I disconnected everything from the new battery and still have the issue. I disconnected the negative terminal on the main battery for 2 days and still have all the issues.
Wiring
The wiring goes from + car terminal, through a 100a fuse, into the solenoid, out of the solenoid and back to the "house battery".
The "house" battery is grounded in the rear.
The solenoid has 1 wire grounded to the chassis in the engine bay, and the other going to a switch on the dash, and then to the fuse box where it takes power off the 7.5A IGN fuse.

No check engine light and no codes off the obd II reader.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, replaced the ign fuse and it fired right up with none of the issues. The old fuse looks fine but might of had a hairline crack I just can't see with the naked eye.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts