Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huh?!? I hope someone is typing slow on the Toyota website. If their idea of the best incentive month ever is to do away with the $3,000 Tundra rebate only to extend the 0% from 36 months to 60 months..... This doesn't make much sense for a cash buyer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I too am a cash buyer. I trade every 1 to 3 years depending on what my cost per year of ownership is. I am really surprised Toyota lowered the cash rebate. This is my 4th Tundra, we will see if number 5 makes it into my garage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sure hope that's not the case....my new CM is on the way and I was sure counting on that $3000+$1000 loyalty rebate. It will be really tough for me to mentally justify spending $3000 more on the truck simply because the port was slow to release it.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
So, its not any better....damn.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Only improvement I see is the 2yrs / 25,000 miles premium service package that current Toyota / Lexus owners get... No warranty improvements. I don't see any 1000 loyalty incentive anywhere... where are you guys seeing this info? How about a link?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet, I guess they were slow in their typing after all. Go to buyatoyota.com and put in your zip code and it will show all of the incentives for your region.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Have not heard of any $1,000 loyalty incentives either.

They really screwed the pooch on this one. I hate to play armchair quarterback, but if there ever were a time for LOYALTY CASH - reward repeat buyers without totally sending resales down the time - now is it...

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Doesn't Toyota usually wait until the 4th or 5th of the month to release new incentives? B

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I dunno, but if this is their position this month, than I won't be replacing my Tundra with another Tundra.

If I'm gonna wait, I'm gonna get a new 2010+ diesel.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Have not heard of any $1,000 loyalty incentives either.

They really screwed the pooch on this one. I hate to play armchair quarterback, but if there ever were a time for LOYALTY CASH - reward repeat buyers without totally sending resales down the time - now is it...
some dealers are giving them some arent dont know if they are standard though....

·
Registered
201 Posts
In my area, a 5.7 doublecab only has $1,000 cash back & 0% for 36 months, or 1.9% for 48 or 60 months. This is the same offer as before the witch hunt started.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
March incentives in MA: On CM...$2000 cash back, 0% up to 60 months & 2 years free maintenance, good until 4/5...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I agree I really think Toyota is dropping the ball on this, why is there no real incentive for the cash buyer? Sure their 0% for 60 months and the 0 down for lease are great moves to increase sales when the desperately need them to improve seeing as the auto industry in general was up 8% in the first 2 months of the year and in the same period Toyota is down 19%. I was planning on buying a crew max but i dont think I will seeing as there is no real incentive for the cash buyer.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
how is zero percent not an incentive for a cash buyer? keep your cash and borrow theirs for free. put yours in an investment or an interest earning account... sounds like an incentive to me.

but besides that, all the ads and emails im getting from dealers around here are saying 1000 loyalty cash..... just fyi....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have to take your truck to the dealer where you bought it to get the 2 years free maintenance or can you take it to any Toyota dealer?

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
I can't even get dealers to respond to the emails I sent on Saturday.

I've got an email in on an 09 or 2010 Duramax at the moment. If the numbers look good, I'm gonna finally be in my diesel :).

·
Registered
754 Posts
how is zero percent not an incentive for a cash buyer? keep your cash and borrow theirs for free. put yours in an investment or an interest earning account... sounds like an incentive to me.

but besides that, all the ads and emails im getting from dealers around here are saying 1000 loyalty cash..... just fyi....
because its not a real incentive in this economy not many folks have a teir 1 credit system worth which varies from bank to bank a tier one can mean fico of 800 or better. People have cash in hand due to the bad economy they rather have cash right now than a high fico score. I walked into 2 dealerships told them I had cash in hand and can wirt the money they did not want it they wanted me to finance. They still get money off you even with zero apr...they will throw in fees left and right in the agreement.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts