Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 TRD Rock warrior with 285/70-17's. I can't afford a lift. I'll need new tires in the spring. I'm wondering if 1.5" spacers with 315/70-17's will work. If so, can a tuner correct the speedo?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have a 2012 TRD Rock warrior with 285/70-17's. I can't afford a lift. I'll need new tires in the spring. I'm wondering if 1.5" spacers with 315/70-17's will work. If so, can a tuner correct the speedo?
You will rub something no matter what with those wide of tires

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put the 35" 12.50R17 KO2 tires on my rock warrior wheels...on my TRD PRO, and it works great. Slight rub in reverse only and a little heat gun action and that was fixed real quick. Surprised how well it worked. Stock suspension no mods. I think one of the key things here is the offset...which is 50mm on the stock Rock Warrior wheels. If it sticks out more I think I would have more issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just put the 35" 12.50R17 KO2 tires on my rock warrior wheels...on my TRD PRO, and it works great. Slight rub in reverse only and a little heat gun action and that was fixed real quick. Surprised how well it worked. Stock suspension no mods. I think one of the key things here is the offset...which is 50mm on the stock Rock Warrior wheels. If it sticks out more I think I would have more issues.
In your opinion do you think it would be better to get the 315x70x17, they are around a half inch shorter and narrower to accommodate the rubbing issue? I've got a 2015 TRD Pro and I'm buying a set of the rock warrior wheels this weekend and want to put larger tires underneath the truck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
those look real nice. I have 2008 dbl cab that just got trd pro suspension installed which gave me 2inches lift up front. Also have the rock warrior 17 inch trd rims, and would like to get KO2s in same size. any idea if that would work in my case? have also changed the oem skid to trd pro skid.
fenders being somewhat different on 2008 versus your year??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts