Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read through all the threads related to speaker depth and need some verfication prior to ordering my speakers. I see most people recommend slim profile 6.5s as no modifications are neccesary. See that some people are having problems with the speakers hitting the honeycomb door panels. I see that other have installed front 6x9s with 3.5" mounting depth.

I didn't find any information about the rear. I'm assuming the rear has more clearance than the front.

I'm hoping to install Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS which are 6 3/4 speakers with a 2 7/16" mounting depth. I'm also installing Premiers in the rear.

Has anyone had any problems with longer depth 6.75" speakers? What did it involve to get that perfect fit without any clearance issues?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Somewhere on here I saw a mod to move the front window track to increase mounting depth. I don't remember how much it gained.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
All you'll need are some new adapters made and they will fit fine. Use 3/4" MDF as a base plate and then a 1/2" mounting ring and they will clear. Off set the holes for the front plates a little towards the rear of the adapter to help clear the track, you shouldnt have any issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts