Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new here just bought a new 10' tundra DC 4x4 limited and am thinking about doing a cat back mbrp, I had the cool duals on my f-350 diesel and thoght the system was very well built and sounded awesome as well, anyone here running the mbrp on thier tundra? And if I do a cat back do I have to worry about warranty concerns?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
No warranty concerns.

A few people have MBRP but nobody has really produced a good sound clip.

I have the Borla and the people that have it highly recommend it. People with Corsa highly recommend theirs.

Borla will probably give you that defined tone that MBRP does.

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
cant speak for the tundra but i had one of their systems on my old tiburon GT and it was a very well crafted system, fit perfectly, high quality, etc.

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
I have the MBRP, it's pretty quiet, has a rumble when you get on it, but it's really mellow. I did cut mine off under the bed and Im not using their tip. I have the single side. Fitment is fine, no issues. Bolted right up and all is good. I'd recommend it, I like it because I don't like a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
One thing I remember about them....they offer three different levels of steel grades in many of their systems. You could get each system in either aluminized mild steel, low grade stainless (409) or good stainless (304). Interesting. :nod:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I just ordered the xp series from autoanything, $382.01 delivered! How can you beat that!!! and its stainless, I got the single side exit, I dont think the duals would look good on a tundra...so does it bolt right up with out having to cut the stock pipes?hopefully that way if I ever get rid of the tundra I can just bolt the factory exhaust right back on.... thanks guys

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Usually the whole OEM exhaust is unbolted downstream of the catalysts and the cat back gets bolted up in its place. A single exhaust cat back is easiest to install, so you should have no problems. :tu:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Yup, the only thing youll have a problem wtih is breaking the exhaust hangers from the rubber holding it up there.

And even that is very easy. Shouldn't take you more than 45 minutes if you know how to use a socket set.

There should be torque recommendations, so you can always take it to the autozone once you get it on there and check 'em.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I have it also. Imdone is 100% correct on his feedback.
I think the exhaust on the 2010 has been changed i.e. hanger placement etc.. With that being said, I am not sure if the one you bought off of autoanything will work without modifing it, for use on a 2010. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, im not worried about the install, I have installed a few myself with no issues, I just don't want to cut the pipes if I dont have to....:)

anyone have any mileage gains with thier aftermarket exhaust, I have never really seen a huge improvement....

·
Registered
754 Posts
those mufflers sound badass also...some here in phoenix was selling one for 200 bucks, but he never got back to me on craiglist....watched some youtube videos of mufflers and I have to the RBs are the best sounding very rough, but yet not too loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
those mufflers sound badass also...some here in phoenix was selling one for 200 bucks, but he never got back to me on craiglist....watched some youtube videos of mufflers and I have to the RBs are the best sounding very rough, but yet not too loud.
Are you talking about the guy in Scottsdale? I bought it. Sorry.

Michael

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Slowmans, as mentioned above the exhaust did change on the 2010 models. The driver side pipe from the catalytic converter is actually longer on the 2010 by about 18"s. When i bought my corsa set up the 2010 model at the cheapest i found was $950 whereas you could get one for a 2008 for $800. If they specified 2010 you should be alright.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slowmans, as mentioned above the exhaust did change on the 2010 models. The driver side pipe from the catalytic converter is actually longer on the 2010 by about 18"s. When i bought my corsa set up the 2010 model at the cheapest i found was $950 whereas you could get one for a 2008 for $800. If they specified 2010 you should be alright.
this thread is a few months old....but thanks for the reply, when I ordered the exhaust I ordered it for my '10 and it installed flawlessly so im assuming they sent me th right one, I never questioned it.....and it sounds great! I have had to adjust it a few times because it had moved and rubbed on the tow hitch...but so far so good!!:amen:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
this thread is a few months old....but thanks for the reply, when I ordered the exhaust I ordered it for my '10 and it installed flawlessly so im assuming they sent me th right one, I never questioned it.....and it sounds great! I have had to adjust it a few times because it had moved and rubbed on the tow hitch...but so far so good!!:amen:
How do you like the sound? I really like that price....
EDIT: I just looked on autoanything and cheapest I see for side exit is $444, I guess I missed out on that deal you got!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts