Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my Memphis Shallow Mount 12 in my truck today, and although I did not turn it up above halfway(want to break it in before I turn it up any further) I was VERY pleased with how it sounded. It hit the low notes much better than I thought it would. I will post pics up(if anyone wants to see) after I get it back from the body shop. Long story short, the UPS man backed into my truck, manager said he was on the truck because it was a new driver and he knew for a fact they didn't hit anything, and later said he parked at the end of the 300 foot driveway and walked to my house, and after asking my neighbor they said that the UPS truck pulled right up to the house. It didn't hurt the truck to bad, just messed up the black plastic piece where the tag goes on the back bumper. I dropped it off to get that fixed as well as some other places where I backed into my Chevy 2500 diesel.

P.S. Much thanks to Gorilla for answering all of my questions.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would be very interested in any other info you can provide about this sub, still looking to add some sound to my 08 DC, thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a friend who put (2) of those in 10" in his '10 DC. They sounds decent, a little boomy, but I don't know what size box he has them in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, my truck is a 2006 DC, so its a bit different haha. Grizzman01: As soon as I get my truck back I will get some pictures up of it, and I would be happy to answer any questions that you have about the sub.

VWTim: Yeah the 10's sound good as well, the only noticeable difference I could hear was the really low notes, the 12 hit them a lot better as expected, but if I had room I probably would have put two tens, but given the space limitations in the 2006 DC I decided to just get one 12". My box came from my brother. He bought a box with 2 seperately sealed boxes with an amp rack in between, but he decided to just use one sub, so he cut off the box I am using, and oddly enough the felt on the box matches my carpet perfectly. I hardly ever have more than one passenger so the box is just sitting behind my passenger seat in the floor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts