Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I really need some help. I have a random parasitic draw on the Met-B fuse in my Tundra. I believe it controls the instrument cluster. I pulled the fuse and it still works? Any idea why?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe so. I disconnected all my accessories and the draw lingered. I caught the draw one AM and decided to disconnect the instrument cluster. The draw went away. Just what I suspected.

So last week I found a used cluster from another 2010 limited for $50 and ordered it. It came in Friday and I put it in and all is working properly. It is going out today to have the mileage corrected.

I'm hoping by the weekend to have the corrected cluster back and install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe so. I disconnected all my accessories and the draw lingered. I caught the draw one AM and decided to disconnect the instrument cluster. The draw went away. Just what I suspected.

So last week I found a used cluster from another 2010 limited for $50 and ordered it. It came in Friday and I put it in and all is working properly. It is going out today to have the mileage corrected.

I'm hoping by the weekend to have the corrected cluster back and install.
Thanks for responding.
Can you tell me which fuse controls the instrument cluster? Not sure which is the Met-B fuse.
I have a problem with my volt gauge going wonky, needle is all over the place, it sticks at 19vdc plus one day and the next it is just above 9vdc. Battery and alternator are good so I suspect a parasitic draw also.
Manual lists several meter and gauge fuses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two 5 amp fuses in the engine compartment, pulled them both, no change.
The more time I spend on this leads me to believe it might be ignition related.
Why it pins the needle to the high side with the ignition on or off at over 19 volts is a mystery.
Best of luck with the new cluster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts