Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good one here. When turning either left or right I hear a metal to metal grinding noise. There is no vibrations and no noise when going straight. New brakes and rotors not warped. Took truck (2007 Crew Max) to dealer they changed out rear wheel bearing assembly since that's where the most noise was coming from. It happens on the front also but just the left side.Like a true trooper seems like they didn't take truck for a test drive. Noise is still there. They seem to be at a loss. Was wondering if anyone had this issue and what was the fix.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I have seen a couple different issues reported on the forums that result in this problem.
The noise is most likely coming from the rear rotors rubbing on the dust shield. This could be from rust buildup around the parking brake hub or from one of the dust shields being bent slightly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mendonsy has some good points, also check your cv boots make sure they are not tore etc. Has your truck been lifted if so could be some problems there. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
My bet is dust shields as well. Mine were rubbing and it took a fwe minutes to chase it down. Dealership thought it was the tires rubbing on something but that was not the case.

-rockstate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts