Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out guys, which do you think is the better install kit the Metra or the Scosche and which has the best matching finish...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had a Scoshe in my '07 (which I believe is the same dash) for a year a half now. Alignment is perfect and I get asked constantly if it's stock.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have the Metra 99-8220HG and it fits and looks perfect. I also have 2 Scosche kits and they both look terrible with a huge gap at the bottom where it meets the a/c controls. Scosche may have fixed that issue with their newer ones but the old ones didnt look very good.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
No, I don't have the truck anymore. But it fit totally flush with the dash, even in the upper right hand corner. I wouldn't have used it if it didn't :)

This is all I've got...sorry :(

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I've got the Scosche kit in mine; fit and finish is fine as is the color match. If I had to do it again however I'd probably get the Metra because the much deeper inset of the Scosche makes the small knob on my headunit (Avic-F90BT) hard to grab.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thirdhorseman
I don't think you ever mentioned which did you used...I'm guessing Scosche?
Haha, I've been trying to figure that out as well. The question has been asked 3 times and still hasn't been answered. :D

I just installed the Metra kit in mine and it is pretty good. Fit is good but not quite perfect (I'm extremely picky). Finish is darn near perfect but there are a few minute flaws, including a slight waviness in the molding. I also had to trim up the included trim bezel a bit because it was making contact with the faceplate of my AVH-P4100DVD when it would open or close. I might just try the Scosche kit for comparison so hopefully they've worked out their kinks.

-Wes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts