Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped a bundle on 4 new tires.
My local tire dealership set the pressure at 50 psi and recommends that for day-to-day use.

He mentioned that I may have my Tire Sensor fuss at me when I increase pressure for towing the fifth wheel.

What pressures are you folks running your LT's at?

How do I reset the Low Tire sensor? I can't find a button like the one on our car (Sienna).

Thanks in advance for the information.

Bill

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have LT285/65R 18's that i,m running at 50PSI. My TPMS reset button is under the dash near my right knee. With the key in the "on" position hold it down until the TPMS blinks three times and this should set it for whatever pressure your running at.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious - did your ride get a lot harsher changing from a P rated to a E rated tire ?
I have not noticed it, although I have only put 35 miles on them today.
I always felt the Tundra was rough riding anyway.

The freeways between work and home are a mixture of concrete and asphalt.
My rideshare partner didn't notice any difference either.

Bill

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have LT285/65R 18's that i,m running at 50PSI. My TPMS reset button is under the dash near my right knee. With the key in the "on" position hold it down until the TPMS blinks three times and this should set it for whatever pressure your running at.
I didn't see it but I will look again. That's close to where I have my Prodigy mounted, maybe I missed it.
BTW- What pressure are you running when towing?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
269 Posts
What pressures are you folks running your LT's at?
Thanks in advance for the information.

Bill
Bill,

My I have the E rated LTX MS2's. My dealer told me that 50 psi would ride too harsh. However, he also said not to run these tires below 35. I have been running 37-40 for normal driving and then increasing pressure to 45 or so for hauling or towing. I would go up to 50 for heavy towing.

I can tell the difference in pressures, but I drive 3,000 plus miles a month and have lots of time to think about (and feel it). :cool:

Try 40 lbs. I bet it will feel smoother!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
The TPMS only indicate low pressure so when you air up to tow the light won't illuminate.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is the tire I plan on buying soon. If you don't mind telling us, how much did you pay? Also, do you guy's think the 275/70/18 will fit will no lift?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the tire I plan on buying soon. If you don't mind telling us, how much did you pay? Also, do you guy's think the 275/70/18 will fit will no lift?

Thanks
Discount Tire quoted me $1,121.88 out the door-
Sears had almost the exact same price-
My local dealer beat his price and gave them to me for $1,100.
I really like my local independant dealer.
Very honest guys and I am supporting a local business. (That is important to me) :)
They said that this tire is one of the best out there.
They sure look good.
I had them place the white outlined letters facing out.
I wasn't sure how that would look but I like it.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts