Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Need new tires, can't find MS/2, has anyone installed the Michelin Premier LTX?

I have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum

Please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hi guys,

Need new tires, can't find MS/2, has anyone installed the Michelin Premier LTX?

I have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum

Please let me know.
Thanks.
Where are you located that you can't find them? The local shop I deal with can either match or beat Tire Rack prices and if they can't get them from their distributor network will order them directly from Tire Rack. I'd stick with the Michelin LTX M/S2 which were the highest rated SUV tires by Consumer Reports recently.

Michelin*LTX M/S2

·
Registered
112 Posts
I recently installed the Michelin LTX M/S2 -- not sure if it is a different tire than the Premier LTX. (I believe they updated the M/S2).

They ride/run great! I paid $225/tire installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Virginia, problem is that I can find the Premier LTX at Costco but not the MS/2. One shop could find them for me, but 3 tires cost almost the same as 4 from Costco.

I believe the Defender LTX replaced the MS/2, but they are T rated and the Sequoia "needs" H rated tires, which leaves me with the Premier LTX as the only option kinda.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I just bought 4 about a month ago.

They ride great and are smooth as butter. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I recently installed the Michelin LTX M/S2 -- not sure if it is a different tire than the Premier LTX. (I believe they updated the M/S2).

They ride/run great! I paid $225/tire installed.
FYI the M/S 2 (highway) and Premier LTX (touring) are not the same tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought 4 about a month ago.

They ride great and are smooth as butter. :grin2:
Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered 4 from Costco. Will see how I like them. I think they will be fine, their tread just looks closer to a normal car than an SUV. But they have better ratings on Tirerack than the MS/2.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am in Virginia, problem is that I can find the Premier LTX at Costco but not the MS/2. One shop could find them for me, but 3 tires cost almost the same as 4 from Costco.

I believe the Defender LTX replaced the MS/2, but they are T rated and the Sequoia "needs" H rated tires, which leaves me with the Premier LTX as the only option kinda.
Not sure where in VA you live, but I got mine from Sams Club in Waldorf. These are the only tires I've used on my trucks (Sequoia, Expy and Ranger). They are some really nice tires. Check the reviews and you will see.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have 265 LTXs on my 4Runner and love them. Do very well in light 4WD action (dirt roads, gravel, etc.) and are smooth and quiet.

However, they are discontinued and I would be careful where I get them as there may be some older ones warehoused, etc. I have bought 3 sets of tires from Tirebuyer.com recently and received factory fresh tires each time with very current manufacturing date codes. That and firm prices for mounting from local mounters in your area makes this the easiest way to buy tires I have found.

JM2¢...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure where in VA you live, but I got mine from Sams Club in Waldorf. These are the only tires I've used on my trucks (Sequoia, Expy and Ranger). They are some really nice tires. Check the reviews and you will see.
I agree the MS/2 are nice tires, that's what I have on now, but mine are worn out and need to be replaced.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree the MS/2 are nice tires, that's what I have on now, but mine are worn out and need to be replaced.
I couldn't wait to get rid of those stock crap tires that came with the truck. The MS/2 weren't yet available for my truck when I was searching, but then last July 4th I found that they were available and immediately check with Sam's and they had to order them and on top of that they had an instant rebate for $70, unlike the other places where you had to do the mail in thing - sweeeet. They came in handy this past winter in the DC area. They are much better than the stock tires were in snow and rain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 265 LTXs on my 4Runner and love them. Do very well in light 4WD action (dirt roads, gravel, etc.) and are smooth and quiet.

However, they are discontinued and I would be careful where I get them as there may be some older ones warehoused, etc. I have bought 3 sets of tires from Tirebuyer.com recently and received factory fresh tires each time with very current manufacturing date codes. That and firm prices for mounting from local mounters in your area makes this the easiest way to buy tires I have found.

JM2¢...
I had to replace 1 tire last year and I would be a little worried finding old stock MS/2 now then not finding a new tire to replace if one should go bad for whatever reason.

What I like about the Premier LTX is that it just came out, so everyone will have it for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just for general information for anyone reading this thread, the Premier LTX doesn't appear to be made in a size that fits Sequoias with 18 inch wheels. The Defender LTX M/S is Michelin's replacement for the discontinued LTX M/S2 in those sizes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts