30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tire is better?

Michelin LTX M/S or Continental Cross Contact LX? P265/70 R16

Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I put the LTX M/S on my truck at 40,000 miles and now have 85,000 miles on them. They are worn about half. I expect to put another 30,000 on them before I consider replacing them. They ride great winter and summer. They are very quiet and look great with the white lettering. I got them at Costco. I would buy them again.

·
The Tire Guy
261 Posts
Go with the Mich LTX, they continetial and general tires come stock on the chevy's and we have been changing some as low as 25k. Honestly those 2 aren't even in the same league, continential is more of a lower tier tire than Michelien or Bridgestone. The LTX is going to be more, but really if you have to change them twice as fast are you really saving any money, not to mention how much better they will ride than the continetial.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,534 Posts
You own a truck. You owe it yourself (and your truck) to put LT-rated tires on it.

And, as was stated, Continental doesn't even compete in the same league with Michelin.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had the Conti Cross Contacts as an OEM replacement on my 2005 double cab. I managed 35,000 miles on them. I replaced them with a set of CrossTerrain Michelins and at this point have 28,000 miles on them. They still look new. I can normally make a set of tires last, evidence the 53,000 miles I got out of the OEM Bridgestones.
I will NEVER buy another set of Continentals again.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You own a truck. You owe it yourself (and your truck) to put LT-rated tires on it.

And, as was stated, Continental doesn't even compete in the same league with Michelin.
X1000, Go With Michelin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Michelin all the way. Even though I reun Bridgestone now, I have used the LTX MS on a Tacoma.

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could also look into the Firestone A/T tires, it cost much less and you will get at at least 50K out of them.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i have run michelins on most all my cars and trucks over the past 25 years. i have zero complaints or issues with any of them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Michelin is one of those tires that you can't go wrong with. Look good, handle good, ride good, tough and wear like iron. There are some tires that may do better in a perticular catagory, but there is always a trade-off. I've had them on numerous vehicles over the years and couldn't wait to get rid of the crap OEM's off my Tundra and put the Michelins on. Go to the Tire Rack website and check out the reviews on each. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you're patient, good old CTC (Canadian Tire for those south of 49) puts the Michelin XC LT4's on sale for about 30% off (normally about 230.00 each, paid about 165.00). Same tire, just slightly re-badged for sale through department type stores.

Cheers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Actually the continental cross contact lx is a great tire. Granted the michelin m/s ltx is a well proven tire it but kinda suffers in in wet weather compared to other tires. I sell tires for a living a and i know for a fact that contenintal makes a great product and they actually compete with michelin the euro market with the oe fitment of mercedes, bmw, porsche and etc. So when i see some of you say they dont compare yall need to check your facts. If you check consumer reports they actually rated the continental 2nd best right under the general HTS which are made both made by continental which is saying something. I dont want you to sway you from michelin but the tire technology is getting old for the m/s LTX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts