Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Question on Microfiber

Hey guys, got a couple questions about microfiber towels. I know there are a bunch of different types out there. My question is, when do you typically use them? To dry, apply polish, etc? I've always used a chamois or cotton towel to do everything. Thanks a lot for any info.

Aloha,
B.A.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Re: Question on Microfiber

bad_andy said:
Hey guys, got a couple questions about microfiber towels. I know there are a bunch of different types out there. My question is, when do you typically use them? To dry, apply polish, etc? I've always used a chamois or cotton towel to do everything. Thanks a lot for any info.

Aloha,
B.A.
Alohas bad_andy,

I use the microfiber towels to wipe off the Zaino wax I use and when I use Zaino's Z6 gloss enhancer/detail spray. I also have microfiber wax applicators that work great. You can use the towels to clean your windows or any mirrors. I use a chamois to dry my truck but you can get a m/f towel to do that, also. You should be seeing m/f towels in the TS store very soon. ;) JB

·
Registered
919 Posts
I use them for the waxing process. I use a combination of car blade and chamois to dry the vehicle though.

BTW.....I read about that Car Blade on this site and that thing makes short work out of drying the beast.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Re: Question on Microfiber

bad_andy said:

Aloha,
B.A.
You use them any time you'd use a regular towel. The big difference is that they hold more material and hold a lot more water than a regular towel.

If you get the large ones you can dry a soaking wet truck with two towels or three if you want them only to be damp when drying vs. "wet" when you change to a dry towel.

A water blade definitely helps speedp up the process as if you wax a lot there will be a LOT of water beading on the paint.

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Re: Re: best microfiber

Andy said:
Guess it all depends on what you want to do with the towels. The pattern of fabric is different based on the intended use. I have two Big Blue Drying Towels that are completely different than my microfiber dusting rags.

Check out this link to get an idea of the variety of microfiber towels available.

Proper Auto Care
I have the Big Blues and I give them a big thumbs up. In fact, I like them so much I bought more of them.

Two big blue towels does the whole vehicle even if it's just hosed down.

alan

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Re: Re: Re: best microfiber

akauth said:
I have the Big Blues and I give them a big thumbs up. In fact, I like them so much I bought more of them.

Two big blue towels does the whole vehicle even if it's just hosed down.

alan
When I first tried the big blues, I was disappointed because I guess I was expecting too much from them. But 2 weeks ago I gave them a try again and I can manage to dry off the entire truck with just one of them...with no wringing. Only had two and had to use them when I was doing my initial Zaino marathon polish job. There sure came in handy. A single one can dry a Mini Cooper twice too! :)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
fortyseven said:
There's a seller on eBay by the name of 'ultramicrofiber', I buy all my towels from him, he always has some good deals going.
-Kevin
Thanks for the tip! I searched him out and bought a big drying towel and a dozen smaller towels. Very good price, very good product!

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
I just got a few of the microfiber towels, but havent had a chance to check them out yet. What are they best used for?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
They are best used on anything painted, but I also use mine on glass, rims and the interior. They don't streak glass, leave no lint or fuzz on the interior and don't scratch paint.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I found a great deal on microfiber towels today for anyone who has a Costco membership (or knows someone who does).

The Costco in my area has a package of twelve 16" x 16" towels for only $8.59! Anyone who has bought or priced microfiber towels knows that you can easily pay that much for one towel, from many retailers. Yeah, I know they're not the really large towels that can suck up Lake Havasu, and they probably don't have a zillion fibers per inch (although the package doesn't say) like some advertisements claim, but they still get the job done and it's the best price I've ever found.

For less than ten bucks, I'll gladly use as many towels as it takes to dry my truck. If you're in the market for detailing towels, check it out!

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Costco has a great deal on Microfiber towels

I was over at Costco to get two cases of Mobil 1 ($22 a case for 10w-30). When I was over there I noticed that they have *12* 80/20 microfiber towels for $9 or something like that.

That's less for 12 towels than I paid for my first one I ever bought! They are good towels too. At that price you can use them and then throw them away rather than even wash them again.

(Not that I recommend that, but you get what I'm saying. They clean really well when you machine wash them as the synthetic material doesn't retain dirt/oil in the fibers like natural material (like cotton) can. You always get a "new looking" towel when you wash it.)

Microfiber runs circles around pure cotton towels in just about every usage.

alan

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Johnny Law said:
alan, where are they on display? In the automotive section area, or somewhere else. Either I'm missing them when I go there or my Costco doesn't carry them. :(
I tried looking for them at the local costco also but couldn't find them either. Maybe it's a regional thing...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hover said:
I tried looking for them at the local costco also but couldn't find them either. Maybe it's a regional thing...

Picked up a pack today. Thanks for the heads up. If you want a pack let me know, probably be cheap to ship.

Thanks,

·
Registered
657 Posts
Microfiber towels

Just picked up apack at Costco in Roseville CA yesterday. Good deal.
Oh, and I get all my Mobil One oil there. Can't beat the price.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts